Honored Contributor

All my dogs have liked oranges,apples, bananas.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Ditto, @goldensrbest .  Do you peel the apples?  The vet told me I didn't have to, but I always do 'cause I like them better peeled (and dipped in greek yogurt!).

Honored Contributor

Kingston loves many fruits, but for some reason, bananas are not one of them. 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Kingston loves many fruits, but for some reason, bananas are not one of them. 

Do you slice them and dip in yogurt, @KingstonsMom ?

Eddy is always changing his mind, e.g., sometimes he likes peanut butter, sometimes not.  He's like that with everything.  I guess they're just in the mood for something else that day!  Same with blueberries!

How did our furbabies get sooo fussy.  (I know, we did itWoman LOL.)   sometimes have to move his dish before he'll eat, e.g., at lunchtime, I must put down a table cloth (towel) on floor, next to rocking chair and he will wait for me to bring my lunch over and we begin eating side-by-side at the same time!

Esteemed Contributor

He sounds so cute. Do you have a picture you could post?

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Ditto, @goldensrbest .  Do you peel the apples?  The vet told me I didn't have to, but I always do 'cause I like them better peeled (and dipped in greek yogurt!).

No, just slice in pieces.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@elated wrote:

He sounds so cute. Do you have a picture you could post?

When I get a smartphone, I'll be more than happy to post my boy.  Sorry, I can't right now.

The rescue people, even the doctors, thought Eddy was a lab mix.  Had his ancestry done and he's half American Staffordshire and half Cocker Spaniel!  But, he looks like a black lab with a little white trim on his chest.  He's also got that white trim around his face so he's looks older than he is!  The rescue thought he was ten years old - five years ago.  Eddy just turned eight on November 30th!

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme 

I haven't tried yogurt for Kingston yet, but I plan to, he LOVES cottage cheese with cut up fruit, though

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@eddyandme 

I bought the canine DNA kit sold here and just got our rescue Kingston's results back, we had 3 different breed guesses.

Turns out that he's 60% Staffordshire Terrier, 20% American Staffordshire Terrier and 20% Bulldog.

One 'guess' that we had for him (by the Rescue Group) was Plott Hound mix.....nope, not a drop, LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@eddyandme 

I bought the canine DNA kit sold here and just got our rescue Kingston's results back, we had 3 different breed guesses.

Turns out that he's 60% Staffordshire Terrier, 20% American Staffordshire Terrier and 20% Bulldog.

One 'guess' that we had for him (by the Rescue Group) was Plott Hound mix.....nope, not a drop, LOL!

WOW!  our dogs may be cousins!!  Eddy has the body of the Amstaff and the face of the Cocker Spaniel - once pointed out you can see it.  Kingston's probably the same - you've gotta look very closely - I even had to point it out to his vet, then she saw it!  I will look up the Stafforshire as opposed to the Amstaff - they must be pretty close!