Honored Contributor

Just Finished Brushing Bill the Cat and I had no idea......

It's been some time since I've brushed him.  He sits on my chest (right under my chin) all of the time and I massage him and love him up.  But I don't usually brush him.

He's short hair (orange) and doesn't seem to loose much hair.  

So, I found a rubber brush that I used to use and started brushing him like in the 'old days'.

He loved it.  OMG!  So much hair came out that was (I guess) under the top layer.

I've been mom (I hate to saw owned) to a lot of cats in the past so I'm used to taking care of them.  Some liked being brushed some hated it.

Anyway, he was in the mood for it so I kept going and going and going.

I sent the picture to my friend who (as of today) now has 6 cats and 4 dogs!  She is nurse to my vet and one of my best friends.

She said people often forget that under the top layer animals are always shedding and it's wise this time of year to brush them good to get the underside of their fur.

I used to be deathly allergic to cats.  After 15 years of shots every week, well....nothing bothers me anymore when it comes to cats (it's their dander people are allergic to not the fur like people think).

So, now Bill the cat is ready for his photo shoot!

Did you guys see where Grumpy cat just died?  Grumpy cat left over $100,000 she'd earned for her 'parents' over the years.

She died from a urinary tract infection.  Bill had a very bad one a few years back.  We had to change his died (prescription food) because he just won't drink water at all.

I was surprised that Grumpy cat would die from something that's pretty easy to identify.  I would have thought that cat would be so 'protected' and cared for someone would have noticed it being lethargic, etc.  That was the signs Bill exhibited.  

I'm so paranoid about something happening to Bill I have my friend bring over her stethoscope to listen to him on an average of 1 to 2 weeks.  She's used to me and my paranoia.

Honored Contributor

Re: Just Finished Brushing Bill the Cat and I had no idea......

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66   I read that Grumpy cat's family said that she died from complications of a UTI.  They also said she had the best veterinary care possible.  I'll bet it wasn't a neglected UTI but some unforeseen complication.  I also think you mean that she earned over $100,000,000, not $100,000.

I know what you mean about getting lots of hair from brushing Bill.  Henry sheds and sheds and sheds!  I try to comb him every day, but still end up picking wads of hair on the floor all day long.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack 

Could Henry have a photo Op?

I think he is a Cutie!

@Annabellethecat66 

What about Bill?

Now that he is camera ready we need to see him!

*** edited typo

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I've never been able to figure out how to post pictures on here.

I've read the directions but since I can't follow directions, it never works for me.

I have a friend that sets up all of my electronic stuff.  Next time she comes over maybe she can show me how to do it.

She set up all of my Blink cameras and everything else I have.

Let's just say I'm 'challenged' when it comes to directions.

Esteemed Contributor

That hair  (fur) that has been allowed to remain on the animal develops into hairballs and the balls tighten and snag together and are pushed closer to the pet's skin as the animal walks - rolls on the floor  - making it very uncomfortable  (it hurts)    and a serious condition.

You've had many cats.............so assume you know all this already.

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@NickNack 

Could Henry have a photo Op?

I think he is an Cute.

@Annabellethecat66 

What about Bill?

Now that he is camera ready we need to see him!

Thanks @Drythe .  I've been negligent about taking pictures of Frankie and Henry lately.  I need to take some and post them. Smiley Happy

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66.  You ought to buy Bill a Furminator to get rid if that undercoat.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66.  You ought to buy Bill a Furminator to get rid if that undercoat.

@Kachina624   I know this wasn't addressed to me, but thanks for the suggestion.  I just ordered one for Henry.  Combing him is a never ending task!  Hopefully the Furminator will be a big help.  I've thought about it before but just haven't done it until now.

-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

I would love to see a picture of Bill the cat. Does he look like his namesake from the comic strip of years back. It might have been a Gary Larsen strip. I used to love that cat with the crazy eye and scraggly fur. I'm sure your Bill is handsome.