Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful in every way!! Thanks, @Foxxee !

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@Foxxee    Its a charming photo but I hate to see a child that size and age walking A big, powerful dog.  It could easily break away from her and go after another dog, car, person or squirrel.

We recently had that happen in our neighborhood where a dog being walked by a child went after two small dogs being walked on leashes.  One was so injured it had to be euthanuzed.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@Foxxee    Its a charming photo but I hate to see a child that size and age walking A big, powerful dog.  It could easily break away from her and go after another dog, car, person or squirrel.

We recently had that happen in our neighborhood where a dog being walked by a child went after two small dogs being walked on leashes.  One was so injured it had to be euthanuzed.

@Kachina624   Agree 100%,  even if the dog is very well trained.....  instinct,  and the desire to "protect" the owner.   I've had a situation like that several times,  where is young, small and inexperienced person was walking a dog that they were unable to control.   It's definitely concerning.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@Kachina624 

All kinds of things can happen.  Should we keep kids away from dogs?

We don't know the circumstances behind this photo.  Is she alone?  Was she walking the dog or just holding the leash.  

Memories of when I was around her age and my German Shepherd were nothing like you describe.  He was very well trained, chased nothing and stayed by my side.  I trusted him with my life.  

Not that this sort of thing doesn't happen, but how about we train the dogs, and the kids, so things like you describe don't happen.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Just A Nice Photo

[ Edited ]

The children simply are not strong enough to hold onto a powerful dog.  Its not their fault, its the idiot parents who are too lazy to do the dog walking.  It's not always possible to train an aggressive dog, especially if its with a child.  There are nice, calm obedient dogs and there are those that aren't.  However, anyone walking any dog should have the strength to control it.

My 92 year old dad was walking my miniature Aussie.  She was almost home and made a sudden dash for the last 50 yards.  She pulled him off his feet literally, causing him to fall and break his glasses.  He was an average size man but a bit frail, she weighed about 30lbs.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Well I love and the photo and am sure it is treasured.  No judgements here.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

Precious!  I love seeing snout to nose pictures!