Honored Contributor

Re: Jill Bauer's dog Wilbert

Wilbert be strong like you know you can be and I am praying for you.  You are such a handsome looking doggy and I am sending LOVE your way.  Feel better soon.  My cat, Ava, sends her LOVE too.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

Let us all keep praying for Wilbert's recovery.  You are very much loved. ❤️🙏

Esteemed Contributor

aww poor Wilbert. Prayers for him and hope that he is OK

Esteemed Contributor

Jill posted that Wilbert has Cancer and no treatment is available. He has a couple of weeks. They are giving him all the love that is possible. He is 5 years old. My heart goes out to her family. I have been there and nothing is more painful than loosing a family member.

Respected Contributor

@elated wrote:

Jill posted that Wilbert has Cancer and no treatment is available. He has a couple of weeks. They are giving him all the love that is possible. He is 5 years old. My heart goes out to her family. I have been there and nothing is more painful than loosing a family member.

Awww...sad news. And Jill adores those dogs. So sorry to hear that...poor little Wilbert. Prayers that he is kept comfortable, and feels all the love. Sad.

Respected Contributor

I've never understood how, when the staff leaves the vet office, they can leave those sick, injured and frightened animals all alone overnight. Can't they hire someone to stay overnight to keep this poor animals company and/or alert the vet if there's an emergency.

Please give Jill my very best wishes for her doggie's recovery.

Frequent Contributor

Animals that need to stay overnight at the Vet's are not alone.  There is always at least a vet technician there in case of an emergency.  They may have to be given medication and/or have other needs.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Scoop, thanks for saying that. It may sound silly but I do worry about all those animals being left all alone over night. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Valued Contributor

I always brought my dogs home and took them back the next morning.  I hated leaving them even with the vet there.  I figured they felt better in their own home with their family. I know there are times when that is not possible but I always tried my best and my vet listened to me.  My last girl had to be hydrated and he taught us to do the subcutaneous fluids.  I was very lucky my husband could handle this while I held her.  (He is a doctor wanna be).   

Frequent Contributor

GoneButNotForgotten, when our late dog Jake had his teeth cleaned and an extraction the first time, we picked him up at the end of the day and we could hardly get him out of the car and into the house because of the effects of the medication.  They said before we picked him up that he was walking and fine.  The next time he had his teeth cleaned, we asked the vet to keep him overnight because we thought it would be better for him and he wouldn't have to struggle to get him into the house.  The vet agreed and he even offered to discount the overnight stay (we didn't ask him to do that), I remember I couldn't sleep that night because he had never been away from home overnight before.  However, when we picked him up the next day he was alert, not groggy like the first time, and there was no problem with him walking.  It was the right decision to keep him there.  Our vet was really great and said we could call them anytime during his stay to find out how he was doing.