Honored Contributor

Re: Jakie Crossed The Bridge

I'm so sorry for your loss of Jakie. From what you said you gave him - and he gave you - a wonderful life together and many special times. How special was it that he was with his family at the end, and the last thing he saw and heard and felt were your faces, your voices, and your touches. I wish any pet could be that lucky. Thinking of you and your sweet Noah.

Trusted Contributor

So very sorry for the loss for your beloved fur baby.

Honored Contributor

My heart goes out to you, your DH and your kitty,Noah (I know that animals have the ability to mourn), on the loss of your beloved Jakie. :-(

Please find solace and comfort in the fact that Jakie always knew in his doggy heartHeart how very much he was loved,that he was surrounded by that same love when you sent him to The Bridge with dignity and in peace, and that he's now happily running like a puppy with all of his new friends through the sunlit meadows of that most blessed place.

-------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved Jakie.  Having the vet come to your house does make it much less stressful for your pet.  I've had my vet come to my house three times.  Usually, though, we're already at the Vet when the decision has to be made.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

So sorry for your loss. He sounds like a real beauty. My golden retriever is 9 and it is hard to see him slowing down. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Mami Mia, what a precious story about how Jakie chose you both.  Jakie knew a good thing!  I am so sorry for your loss. 

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry for your loss.  Your Jakie sounds like a beautiful soul!  who will be watching over you 'til you meet again...

Honored Contributor

@Mama Mia So sad! I am so very sorry for your loss. Peace to you, EEL 

Super Contributor

So sorry for your loss! Our furbabies are with us such a short time but they leave huge pawprints on our heart. He knew how much he was loved and that is most important. I know what a difficult time this is for you. Big hug!!!
Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry about Jakie - sounds as if he was a very special dog and you all were lucky to have found each other.

I'd love to see a picture of Jakie, if you feel up to it...

Denise