Respected Contributor

Re: It was six weeks ago today

Image result for pet sympathy messages

(((Hugs))) as you fondly remember your precious Taffy.  What a

special name as this was my first pet's name too.   No amount

of time will heal, but your heavy heart will turn to smiles one day.

Respected Contributor

Silver Lining - I am so sorry for you.

PetLoss; a hole we cannot seem to fill in our hearts. It's so kind of you to try to keep your suffering from your other petbaby. 

When I lost my bunny a few years back - it was the very first time my kiddencat Shadow ever sat with me. He slept across my chest.

I know we were BOTH heartsick....

PETS HELP US FEEL WHOLE.

Your grief will be with you - and sometimers at the oddest moment, don't deny your saddness - allow it.

Please try to remember all the silly/funny/beautiful times you and your furbaby had. 

It's all you can do.

God Bless.

Respected Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

@Silver Lining, Thinking of you and others going through the loss of a fur baby.  My DB and I are very close, and he has a way of looking at life that helps keep me grounded.  He is a good and thoughtful listener.  He is very sympathetic, but he offered me something that helped me.  He asked:  “Knowing what you are going through now, would you say it is still worth it to exchange years of happiness with your pet for your loss now?”  My answer was yes, all the happiness was worth it.  I would do it again.  I hope this helps you.  It has helped me.  

Pam, I feel the same way you and your DB do. Like others here  I've loved and lost other pets throughout my life. The grief and tears and continued sadness are the price we must pay when they're gone. The love and happy memories are priceless and ours to keep forever.

Respected Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

Image result for pet sympathy messages

(((Hugs))) as you fondly remember your precious Taffy.  What a

special name as this was my first pet's name too.   No amount

of time will heal, but your heavy heart will turn to smiles one day.

Thank you so much for the card and the hugs. They mean a lot to me. I bet there are lots of cats, dogs, birds and other pets named Taffy in heaven!

Respected Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

Silver Lining - I am so sorry for you.

PetLoss; a hole we cannot seem to fill in our hearts. It's so kind of you to try to keep your suffering from your other petbaby. 

When I lost my bunny a few years back - it was the very first time my kiddencat Shadow ever sat with me. He slept across my chest.

I know we were BOTH heartsick....

PETS HELP US FEEL WHOLE.

Your grief will be with you - and sometimers at the oddest moment, don't deny your saddness - allow it.

Please try to remember all the silly/funny/beautiful times you and your furbaby had. 

It's all you can do.

God Bless.

@MoonieBaby , your words of wisdom deeply touched me. Everyone has been so generous and kind. "Kiddencat" is a charming way to describe your dear Shadow. My cat is upset that Taffy is gone and seems to know that my other dog, Kipper, needs comforting. Thank you so much for your message and blessing

Trusted Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, I'm just seeing this posting.  I KNOW the pain of losing a pet that you love, stay strong, and in time, you will be able to get another pet hopefully from a shelter.

All my kitties are from the shelter and what a JOY they have been in my life.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Trusted Contributor

i lost corkie and major about 18 months ago and i am still crying