Respected Contributor

It was six weeks ago today

[ Edited ]

My precious Taffy crossed the Rainbow Bridge six weeks ago today. I woke up in the pitch black dark this morning thinking about him and how warm and sweet he was as he passed away. My little guy, Kipper, is still asleep and I' m glad he hasn't heard me crying this morning. He has been grieving so deeply since Taffy has been gone. 

Honored Contributor

Re: It was six weeks ago today

@Silver Lining  In your grief you are worrying that your Kipper might have heard you crying.  How loving and caring that is.  

Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@Silver Lining  In your grief you are worrying that your Kipper might have heard you crying.  How loving and caring that is.  

@Pook , thank you so much. You are very kind. Taffy was seventeen and Kipper is approximately fifteen. He's the little guy I've mentioned over the years here on Pet Lovers. He was saved when the miserable pet mill he was in was busted. He was approximately two years old and probably used as stud. All he has ever wanted was to be safe, fed, and loved. I brought him home and he and Taffy were inseperable. I have some precious pictures of them. We miss Taffy so much.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Dear friend, I am so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Taffy.  She is in heaven now, playing in a beautiful meadow full of flowers.  I know the grief you are feeling, and it is so profound.  My kitty Lily crossed the Rainbow Bridge on May 1st.  I can bet Lily and Taffy are the best of buddies.  If they could speak to us they likely would say, “Mommy, it’s ok to be sad, but someday we’ll be together again.”  All my best wishes to you.

Respected Contributor

@PamfromCT, my sincere condolences to you. The pain and grief you feel must be raw with such a recent loss of your darling Lily. I'll be thinking of you and sending warm wishes. Thank you so much for the beautiful message. It is a great comfort to me.It does help to think of our babies together, healthy and happy. 

Trusted Contributor

@Silver Lining  Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.”  You will be Kipper's solace and comfort and he will be yours during this very tough time.  Not only are you dealing with the loss of Taffy, but you are trying to ease Kipper's grief.  What a kind and loving Mom you are to your sweet babies. 

Honored Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

My precious Taffy crossed the Rainbow Bridge six weeks ago today. I woke up in the pitch black dark this morning thinking about him and how warm and sweet he was as he passed away. My little guy, Kipper, is still asleep and I' m glad he hasn't heard me crying this morning. He has been grieving so deeply since Taffy has been gone. 

@Silver Lining   I can tell how much you love and miss your Taffy. So sorry for your loss....and  for the sadness  you are feeling. Hug your Kipper tight....he needs you as much as you need him❤️

Esteemed Contributor

@Silver Lining 

I hear the hurt in your post.  I, too, have counted the hours, then days, then weeks, then months after a beloved dog or cat passed away.  Taffy would want you and Kipper to throw your arms and paws around each other for comfort, and also to know that he is all right.

Your pups have known a life of being treasured and truly cherished by you and want you above all to be as kind to yourself as you have been and will always be to them.  Heart

Respected Contributor

Many thanks to @Pook, @PamfromCT, @hayseed00, @SeaMaiden, @Sammycat1 for your sweet words and to everyone who read our comments and "hearted" them. We have all probably been in this position and likely will be again. Hopefully, the grief will soften and less tears will fall and warm memories will fill the missing places in our hearts.

Esteemed Contributor

@Silver Lining, Thinking of you and others going through the loss of a fur baby.  My DB and I are very close, and he has a way of looking at life that helps keep me grounded.  He is a good and thoughtful listener.  He is very sympathetic, but he offered me something that helped me.  He asked:  “Knowing what you are going through now, would you say it is still worth it to exchange years of happiness with your pet for your loss now?”  My answer was yes, all the happiness was worth it.  I would do it again.  I hope this helps you.  It has helped me.