Super Contributor

It's National Mutt Day Today!

It's National Mutt Day today!  Or as we say here in Hawaii, National Poi Dog Day. 

unnamed.png

Mosey is looking extra artsy fartsy here.

The former and current and still "MrsSweetieBear".
Honored Contributor

Re: It's National Mutt Day Today!

This is my sweetie, Misty, who didn't want to get her white paws cold and wet in the snow this morning.

20190702_110853.jpg

@MrsSB.  Thats a beautiful rendition of your handsome pup.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

What a cutie Misty is.  She looks like she has a nice warm coat.  I can picture her photo done up in this style too.  It was some ad on facebook that I clicked on.  They had 4 different paint styles to choose from. They want you to order T-shirts or pillows or coffe mugs or some such.  I did it just for fun and didn't buy anything.  My dh actually prefers that I don't mess with his photos, lol. 

Honored Contributor

Here’s our mutt, Ginger, adopted from a local shelter in 2017. 

EFFE31EF-D158-403C-AA48-A72FA3794499.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

@wilma  Ginger is adorable!  Rescues are the best!  

Super Contributor

Oh what a dear little face Ginger has, @wilma .  How old is she?  

Esteemed Contributor

I love seeing your beautiful pups! @MrsSB @Kachina624 @wilma 

images (4).jpg

Honored Contributor

In defense of "mutts", I must say Misty is one of the most perfect dogs I've ever owned.  I've had multiple pure-breds; collies, Aussies, mini Aussies, a cocker spaniel, Shelties, several mini poodles, a Dalmatian.  However, Misty seems to have an inate understanding of how to behave, what is and isn't acceptable.  I've never seen a dog so eager to please or obedient and in 4 years, she's never had an accident in the house.  I got her at about 1 year of age as a stray from animal control in El Paso, TX.  Our collie rescue rep went there often and the staff kept pushing Misty as being exceptional so she finally took her, although she's obviously not a collie.  I'm so glad she did.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@wilma   I love her!  She reminds me of my beautiful Darcy.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Super Contributor

Not that "mutts" ever need defending to me, @Kachina624 , but Misty does sound extra special along with being quite the looker.  Do you know what her mix is?  Is it a guess or did you have one of those DNA test kits done?

We've been curious and considering doing this. But we are kind of torn.  The company I've heard good things about as getting the best reviews is Embark.  But in their list of 350 breeds they test for, they don't have the main one we think Mosey is a mix of:  Black Mouth Cur. So if we test and it doesn't show any of that breed, we still won't know.  Anyway, no big deal.  We probably won't ever do it.  Just thinking out loud and wondering why they don't list it.