Esteemed Contributor

It Is Mom!, Mom!, Mom! Every Night.

Petunia has rediscovered the joy of a laser pointer. Every night when DD (Mom) comes home Petunia meets her at the door and then runs to where the pointer is.

DD can't put her stuff down, go to the bathroom, feed the outside cats, or heaven forbid, take  time to eat dinner fast enough for Little P.  It's PLAYTIME, NOW.

She meows and talks and jumps on the arm of the chair and puts her front paws on DD until she stops eating and gets the laser pointer.

If she was a human kid it would be, Mom, Mom, Mom.

I told her, " welcome to motherhood."

Honored Contributor

Re: It Is Mom!, Mom!, Mom! Every Night.

@CrazyKittyLvr2   I think the "P" in Little P, stand for Little Personality Plus.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

I love that, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Every cat we ever had LOVED chasing those red dots!

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids   We got the laser months ago and she liked for awhile. Then it was, "meh."

Now, man she is crazy for it.  Same pointer, just a little older Petunia.

What can I say, she is a fickle little kitty.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Hey, us females reserve the right to be fickle at times, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 - All of ours love chasing the "dot"! This is one time they forget about their "annoyances " with each other!  Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Tess strolled in when Petunia was tearing after the red dot. She just watched the little black and white streak by her, she turned and gave me a, "what a little maroon" look.

DD put the dot in front of Tess and she looked at it, turned, tail in the air with her "the Queen does not play" attitude and walked off.

This, ladies, is a regular evening at our house. It is entertaining.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Petunia has rediscovered the joy of a laser pointer. Every night when DD (Mom) comes home Petunia meets her at the door and then runs to where the pointer is.

DD can't put her stuff down, go to the bathroom, feed the outside cats, or heaven forbid, take  time to eat dinner fast enough for Little P.  It's PLAYTIME, NOW.

She meows and talks and jumps on the arm of the chair and puts her front paws on DD until she stops eating and gets the laser pointer.

If she was a human kid it would be, Mom, Mom, Mom.

I told her, " welcome to motherhood."

My Sons beagle does the same thing. I was amused to read your blog, and wonder how many people will buy a pointer after they read this.  Good exercise for your pet.

Respected Contributor

Atta girl PET!  Training your human takes persistance!  DD should relish these homecoming playtimes.  Petunia waits all day to play with HER.  That's kitty love for sure.