Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is your dog getting ready for fall?

I wash my Jack Russells weekly and they are shedding more now. The dryer lint filter is much fuller, fall coat time.

My son’s chow is shedding more also. 

Your dog is adorable! 

Respected Contributor

I try not to miss a day of vacuuming this month. The canister is full every day.

Honored Contributor

Oh yes, spirit one of my goldens ,is shedding ,i gave him,and cambridge a trim yesterday,she is a little red golden,called a field golden,she does not shed much at all.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

@GingerPeach 

Thank you for posting Kiku in her new "Fall outfit."  She's such a beauty & sweet.

Yes, my 2 kitties are both shedding & they're med/long hair.  

My Fluffy, never allows me to groom her.  I end up with blood drawn each time.  Yesterday, I had my Ginger outside on the bench to groom her.  Only for about 15 mins. though.  This year, she's not as welcoming to it as she was previous years.  All depends on her mood, I guess.  I'll try again later this week I hope.  I know there was more to come off.

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac 

Your kitty is one handsome Fella!  Thanks for posting his pic.

I'd love to have a summer cut given to my girls.  But, at 18 I think it would stress them.  Esp., my Fluffy, the fighter.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 

Your Sweet Misty is sure pretty.  Thank you for posting her pic.

Honored Contributor

My dog has been shedding literally all summer!  The hair is unbelievable and never ending!

I actually got an attachment to my Dyson vacuum which has a pet brush on one end. My dog is very docile around the vacuum so being brushed with the vacumm running doesn't bother her.  My other dogs were very much afraid of the vacuum and would always bark & run away from it.

Honored Contributor

@ScenicMaineYou're welcome

My 13 yr old cat is a highly aggressive non affectionate meanie who leaves puncture marks if I am not careful.  The folks at PetSmart are well aware.  They are trained to handle aggressive pets.

With my cat, they put him in a noose that hugs the scruff of his neck which mimics the way a mother cat carries kittens.   He does not move a muscle as the tech shaves him.  It's as if he's sedated.  Prior to me taking him to the shaving table, the area is sprayed w/Feleway.  That stuff calms aggressive cats.

When done, they uses a fish net so he'll just lay there as she removes the noose.  then transfers him to his crate.  My vet also uses the fish net method when examining my cat.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac 

Thanks for the info on the grooming.  I've never checked into it.  I'll mention my Fluffy's last vet visit last year .. I had requested they shave her "pantaloon" area in the back of her legs where her fur gets quite long.  Well, that didn't go over well at all.  Even though both the Vet & the Tech. were holding her, she is very powerful & she got both of them with her paws.  She's that determined not to be groomed.

Fluffy's a pretty "mini-monster" when she chooses to be.  Cat Mad

Respected Contributor

What a

@Kachina624 wrote:

My Misty is just finishing the big shed.  Her fur is not very long but she had a huge undercoat.  Piper, on the other hand, has long silky fur (mini Aussie) and he's just starting .  Neither of them is crazy about being brushed.

20190702_110853.jpg

Misty

@Kachina624 

What a beautiful, gorgeous, lovely pup!  She looks like she is very loving!!!