Trusted Contributor

Re: Is there a safe supplement to help my achy old cat?

My cat Cookie has had arthritis for years. her x rays a couple of years ago showed her whole body has it. She has been on Cosequin for years and its made a miraculous difference. She hardly limps now. I sprinkle a capsule every morning on her skipjack tuna and mash it up real well and she has no idea and eats  right up.It did take up to 3 months for it to start working. Cookie will be 14 in August and can run again.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Super Contributor

Hi @FuzzyFace,

I'm happy to report that Mr MoonShadow continues to improve every day and he now asks for his gel every morning.When I threw out the Vet receipt from last week I noticed that I paid over $20 for the tube, but I can reorder it on Amazon for about $16.50.

Instead of putting it on his paws, he licks it from a big tablespoon. Otherwise it's a bit messy because it is sticky and thick; made from molasses.

Mr MS is curled up purring next to me as I type this. I can hardly believe the difference in my cat. This time last week he was howling in pain when I would just try to pet him.

Good luck with your kitty...

Respected Contributor

My vet recommended and I have used Cosequin for years.  I open the capsules and sprinkle on wet food and mix in....always has been eaten in that manner. I buy on Amazon.