Esteemed Contributor

Is it okay to ask for prayers for a soon to be 11 year old rat terrior?

His name is Ollie and he is my daughter's dog. Thursday he's going to have surgery on his ****** glands, there is a mass there, and needs to be taken out, and the vet warned her it could be cancer. We hope and pray for no cancer.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Is it okay to ask for prayers for a soon to be 11 year old rat terrior?

@gloriajean - Of course it's okay.  Our beloved pets are part of our family.

Prayers for Ollie, your daughter and the vet that the outcome is the best possible.  Please come back and let us know, when you can.  Heart

Honored Contributor

Of course, prayers for your precious Ollie.  

Respected Contributor

Wishing good news for Ollie. Please let us know the outcome. 

Honored Contributor

@gloriajean  -  I pray for my family and friends. My pets (kitties) are my four-legged children. I pray for my friends' children, two legged AND four legged. YOU are my online friend, so of course I will pray for Ollie and his veterinary surgeon. I will pray for your daughter and you. 

I will pray that if it is a malignant lump they are able to remove it and find the cancer hasn't spread. (((HUGS)))

Trusted Contributor

This is to give you a bit more hope, even if it is cancer!  Our dog Roo was diagnosed with cancer in her mammary gland and she lived another 2 years after the diagnosis!  She went right on with chasing her tennis ball (she loved doing that) and went on long walks with my husband and never appeared to be in pain.  But at the end of the 2nd year after diagnosis, we could tell that she was going downhill so we knew it was time.   But those extra 2 years were happy ones, with a lot of picture-taking and hugs!!

Respected Contributor

Our cherished fur children need love and support - from family, friends and community. 

We always want to keep those we love with us for as long as we can. There is never enough time is there?

Will pray for Ollie for the best possible outcome. May he and his family savor every precious moment together. 

Respected Contributor

@gloriajean  Sending healing prayers for Ollie.

Valued Contributor

Prayers being said for Ollie... Heart

Respected Contributor

I don't think it's ever wrong to ask for prayers. Praying for the best of outcomes.