Honored Contributor

Interesting email from my vet

They are  going to  curbside service...you drive up and they come get your dog...take them inside....you stay in your car. They want to have less contact with this virus.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Interesting email from my vet

Kind of sounds like my granddaughter’s daycare.  My daughter said they now take her to the front door and a daycare worker takes her from there inside. 

Honored Contributor

The one I received from the vet emphasized social distancing and rules to do with temperatures if you've been sick.  

Respected Contributor

Fat chance if they think they're taking my dog and I'm not coming with. Where my dog goes, I go!!! 

Honored Contributor

If Molly requires medical attention, I'm grateful some of the staff are remaining. Whether or not they come to get her from the car if I have symptoms is inconsequential. 

Trusted Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom So... my guy is at the vet once every 3-4 weeks.  In for hours at a time.   He hates it and can become aggressive because he's sick and scared. 

I'm going right inside with him and not leaving his side.  No other way period.  I'm with you!  Where he goes I go, we're a team, work together.  No exception. 

Respected Contributor

I don't think I could drop off one of my cats as if I was leaving a coat at the drive-through dry cleaner. They get scared, and I want to be there.

I had a bad experience with the techs at a vet I left and always want to be in the building when they take the cat to the back to do a blood draw or sanitary shave or even clipping claws. I think it makes a difference if you're sitting there. They know they're bringing the animal back to you because you're waiting, so they don't just park the pet in a carrier and do something else. I had that happen to a cat who was very sick and they forgot about her for several hours and didn't even do the bloodwork they were supposed to do. I left that vet, but the experience has made me much more careful of who's handling my animals and being on the premises as much as possible.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

They are  going to  curbside service...you drive up and they come get your dog...take them inside....you stay in your car. They want to have less contact with this virus.  

I wouldn't like that at all.  I don't know what I would do if my Vet suggested that.  I don't think they would.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I received an email stating only about precautions with the employees

health from our vet. No curbside service here yet @SeaMaiden 

My dog would not go in with any employee at our vet. They would

have to carry her in. She is a medium size at about 45 lbs. and is

doted on a like a baby.

Meadow this morning,

20200316_084533.jpg

Honored Contributor

Spirit is going to the vets this morning.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.