Honored Contributor

Re: INTERACTIVE CAT TOYS?

[ Edited ]

@geezerette wrote:

My cats like a battery powered laser toy.  

But quite honestly, any of their automatic toys don't keep them occupied for very long.  They'd rather have me playing with them.

@geezerette 

ITA ... but I want to have a larger selection of toys for him, so I can rotate what he's playing with.  Some experts recommend that, so what the heck.

Can a cat have too many toys?  Can a woman have too many diamonds?  LOL  Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 Have you tried videos?  My cat loves them - you can see them on youtube or buy videos you can play on your tv or wherever.  we do the birds, chipmunks, squirrels.  

Honored Contributor

I have ordered a floppy fish, usb rechargeable.   Will post how it goes ... LOL  Cat Very Happy

Respected Contributor
I can only tell you that I have finally hit the jackpot with purchased toys (instead of the usual boxes, toweling pack wrappers, etc. which most cats enjoy)--"chirping" birds lol..I saw one at Wegmans, and ended up getting two. They're plush toys, not very big but not small enough to be batted under the fridge.

They're battery-operated, but the battery is safely sewn in, which means when the battery dies, that's it for the chirping. Still, I got these about four months ago, and they're still going strong. What's cute, is how DH and I hear the chirping on and off, even at night, so we know the cat likes them.

I can't tell you how many interactive toys were flops lol. The cat would watch ME play with them to try to get him interested, then walk away. And the dog would watch both of us!

What worries you masters you.
Super Contributor

I definitely have a recommendation!  The Tyasoleil Electronic Motion Cat Toy, got mine from Amazon.  I got this for my 7 year old cat after our other cat passed a few months ago.  I worried about her being lonely and bored.  This toy is a hit.  She goes nuts with it.  It's a little annoying to listen to, but I turn it on for her while I get ready in the morning.  We recently brought home a new kitten, and she also LOVES it!  They both go to it each morning and "ask" me to turn it on.  They get so engrossed in play they flip it over and I have to go put it right side up so they can fully enjoy it again. 

Capture.GIF

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44    Cats LOVE "Cat Dancer"  -- It's a wire with little cardboard things on the end but the wire moves every which way.  You can prop it up so the cat can play alone.

That's always been a big hit. So simple, it's so old, it's configured itself into this elliptical shaped thing. We throw it, and the cat chases it. I had to tie a brightly colored piece of yarn around the wire so I could spot it easily.

What worries you masters you.