Honored Contributor

I am looking to get my Bogey some new toys.   Currently, his two favorites are the red dot laser, and the feather on a stick.  Both require a human.

I'm interested in interactive toys ... something he could play with on his own occasionally.   I've seen a rechargeable floppy fish toy, and the interactive laser light.   However, haven't found much on customer ratings for either one.

Would love any feedback you might have on interactive cat toys ...  TIA!  Cat Very Happy

Valued Contributor

Re: INTERACTIVE CAT TOYS?

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I am looking to get my Bogey some new toys.   Currently, his two favorites are the red dot laser, and the feather on a stick.  Both require a human.

I'm interested in interactive toys ... something he could play with on his own occasionally.   I've seen a rechargeable floppy fish toy, and the interactive laser light.   However, haven't found much on customer ratings for either one.

Would love any feedback you might have on interactive cat toys ...  TIA!  Cat Very Happy

Treated my daughter cats from kittens to at least an 18 + older cat the floppy fish along with the rechargeable pickle for Christmas, from Amazon ,it was a BIG  HIT,not a miss at all.Daughter was  shocked that Mama the oldest cat took to it ,she is at the age she just lays around but she has become so playful when the toys are charged and moving all over the floor.They do have a small sachet of catnip inside each toy.

Just sent another one,it  was the new  eggplant  ,so maybe the kittens  might get a chance to play cause Mama has taken  over each one ,she even lays on top of them,so no one can get them.

My daughter likes that they are rechargeable ,so she doesn't need to get batteries,all the time.

Respected Contributor

My cat loves the Petstages cat tower, it's 3 levels with balls that roll around circle tracks, on Amazon it's $14.97 & sold in the Petstages Store. She plays with Smartykat Skitter Mice too, a pack of 10 sold on the Chewy website.

Honored Contributor

My favorite cat considered the neighbor's dogs interactive toys.  

Honored Contributor

My cats like a battery powered laser toy.  

But quite honestly, any of their automatic toys don't keep them occupied for very long.  They'd rather have me playing with them.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 my cat was terrified of the floppy fish!  The one we had was kind of noisy too which she also didn't appreciate.  Maybe newer ones are quieter? 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44    Cats LOVE "Cat Dancer"  -- It's a wire with little cardboard things on the end but the wire moves every which way.  You can prop it up so the cat can play alone.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: INTERACTIVE CAT TOYS?

[ Edited ]

@Mimi NY 

LOL .....  well, how could you possibly go wrong with a rechargeable pickle?   

LOL   Cat Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I've had dozens of cats over decades, and I do not know ANY cat that prefers a toy over human interaction and play.

Cats enjoy being with their family companions.

My best recommendation would be to get a kitten-  if the cat and the kitten connect, they will amuse themselves together for many, many years.

Last year I had both a puppy and a kitten, and the two of them played nonstop for hours--jumping, rolling, wrestling, running--the high energy made me dizzy, and I was so thankful that they took care of each other. They have each almost turned one year old and they are not quite as wild, and now they play more with their same species (dog with other dog, cat with cats) that we have in our home.

But, here are some other recommendations:

Ping-pong balls

Balls with bells inside

Small styrofoam balls

Crinkly mice toys

Soft toys with catnip and long thick tails (avoid strings as cats might eat and choke)

Climbing trees or cat scratchers with bouncy toys attached

Small stuffed animals

Bugs--Try the Hexbug Nano Robot toy

Old dried up leaves or sticks 

Plastic milk caps 

Soft belts from bathrobes

Regular Contributor

Mine love the cat dancer .  I had to get two one for each cat, two habded playing otherwise my Sweetie hogs it and Scruffy doesn;;t get to play.