Honored Contributor

IN MEMORY OF CECIL - PLEASE CONSIDER

[ Edited ]

Today I received this notice from Care2Post, a group that does lots of good work for animals.

I hope you don't mind my posting this here, I know all of you love animals and I hope you will consider signing.

The U.S. is poised to protect lions under the Endangered Species Act as early as tomorrow, which is a step in the right direction. Unfortunately, the current proposal will allow some trophy hunting to continue. Can you take a moment to sign this urgent petition to end lion trophy hunting under U.S. laws?

Since 1975, the number of African lions has declined by 80 to 90 percent. While Cecil captured the world's attention and outrage, his story has been repeated time and time again throughout Africa.

Momentum is absolutely turning against the selfish, destructive "sport" of trophy hunting. In addition to the positive steps from the Department of the Interior, Delta, United and American Airlines have all banned the shipment of dead wildlife trophies, and efforts are underway for an international ban on the practice. But we must do more to protect and restore lion prides in Africa.

Please sign this Care2 petition and urge the U.S. to lead for lions and end trophy hunts under the Endangered Species Act right now

This is the link and I promise you it is not a hoax.

<www.care2.com/go/z/e/ATFYb/zQ_y/ChyxN>

Best to all.

Can you hear the roars?  ROAR CECIL!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Re: IN MEMORY OF CECIL - PLEASE CONSIDER

@Drythe

I got an email, too -- and signed.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

I am not against hunting for food, but when it comes to any trophy hunting, especially "canned trophy hunts" my blood boils. Surely those people partaking in that despicable "sport" could find another way to "elevate" themselves.  JMHO.

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There's not one animal loving person on this board who minds you posting this very important petiton (which I signed) here.

I know in my heart that there's some very bad,very horrific karma that going to get that vile Palmer, who intentionally slaughtered that beautiful,magnificent Lion King...Cecil.

I do hope that you'll join us on some of the many wonder-fur  threads on this pawsome board! :-)

-----------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beastielove wrote:

There's not one animal loving person on this board who minds you posting this very important petiton (which I signed) here.

I know in my heart that there's some very bad,very horrific karma that going to get that vile Palmer, who intentionally slaughtered that beautiful,magnificent Lion King...Cecil.

I do hope that you'll join us on some of many wonder-fur  threads on this pawsome board! :-)

-----------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

@beastielove

Thank you very much for your kindness.  Animal lovers are the BEST people!

All of my children have paws too.

I also want to thank @GingerPeach who encouraged me to start my first thread which was about Cecil.

And @HappyDaze who encouraged me to post here.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe thank you for sharing this. The whole thing makes me ill but not just because it is cecil but for ALL lions, elephants, rhinos, etc that are killed for "fun". Just makes me ill.

Honored Contributor

@Drythe

Dear Drythe,

Big hugs!  

I've been signing petitions since they became available and contributing to animal causes ever since I began to earn money.

But, thanks to you for posting on these forums and helping show others that these petitions actually do work.

All the best to you!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Thank you, Drythe for the link!  I signed.  What a beautiful picture of Cecil at the top of the petition!Heart

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

I'm glad what happened to Cecil (and countless other hunted animals) hasn't been forgotten after all the media blitz ended.

I tried to sign the petition, but got a message that the site is currently undergoing maintenance.  But don't worry - I'll go back and sign it, when the site is up again.

Thank you for posting this!

Honored Contributor

Thank you for posting this. I'm glad too to see that people have not forgottenSmiley Happy *I did sign but there are a lot more to go to reach 100,000-I hope they do!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"