Honored Contributor

@juanitalinda wrote:

I feel your pain.  My dog is only 2 years old and scrawny.  She just wouldn't eat anything.  She doesn't even like treats or most people food.  The vet said she would eat when she got hungry .... Yeah, well, she lost 10% of her body weight and apparently still wasn't hungry.   

I can't tell you how much dog food we bought and threw away or gave away.  It was expensive and so disappointing.  Not to mention the worries about her health.  

We ended up switching to raw food, against the vet's advice.  She actually eats it and is much healthier after gaining back most of her weight.  She is still very slim, but her hair has grown back in and we can pet her because we aren't pressing on her bones.  

So far we have been feeding the raw food for three months.  A record!    

Hang in there ... you might get lucky and find the right food for your pup too. 

WOW!

That is so interesting. I am glad you found something that worked. 

We bought Spot Farm dehydrated food and FreshPet. Not sure if either one is raw or not.

As I look at a full bowl of untouched dog food from earlier today. We have to do something. This whole mess started when we went on vacation last summer. And I dread going on vacation again.