Respected Contributor

I've been wondering about this for a long tim3

[ Edited ]

A male cat is a "tom" and a female is a "queen".

So if a female dog is a "b itch", is a male dog a "b a s t a r d"?

Honored Contributor

Re: I've been wondering about this for a long tim3

A stud?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

LOL

A dog is a male canine.  A female canine is a B.

A cow is a female bovine and a bull or steer is a male bovine.

But in everyday usage, we refer to all canines as dogs and all bovines as cows.  It is not correct, but is in mainstream usage.

Respected Contributor

Goggle...A male dog is just called a dog, a stud if used for breeding & a sire to his puppies.

Honored Contributor

Is a female dog that has been spayed also considered a B?

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess   yes

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

LOL

A dog is a male canine.  A female canine is a B.

A cow is a female bovine and a bull or steer is a male bovine.

But in everyday usage, we refer to all canines as dogs and all bovines as cows.  It is not correct, but is in mainstream usage.

@Carmie LOL!!!  Out here in cattle country most people know their bovines:  A heifer is a cow that has not given birth; a steer is a neutered male, and a bull is a non-neutered male.  

I have all of the above a mile from us in the valley.  When we drive past we talk about the cows and calves, pen of heifers, etc.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner 

LOL!!!  Out here in cattle country most people know their bovines:  A heifer is a cow that has not given birth; a steer is a neutered male, and a bull is a non-neutered male.  

I have all of the above a mile from us in the valley.  When we drive past we talk about the cows and calves, pen of heifers, etc. 

All kids around here know about basics since many raise animals for their own use.

Must say that I was struggling to explain to a preschool this summer exactly what two steer were up to.  Now they are meat!!

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

@Sooner 

LOL!!!  Out here in cattle country most people know their bovines:  A heifer is a cow that has not given birth; a steer is a neutered male, and a bull is a non-neutered male.  

All kids around here know about basics since many raise animals for their own use.

Must say that I was struggling to explain to a preschool this summer exactly what two steer were up to.  Now they are meat!!

@Still Raining LOL!!!!!  Up to no good???  Woman Very Happy  You cannot beat homegrown!  NO way!  

Honored Contributor

Where i walk ,there are horse farms, and cow farms, i feel so quility when those cows ,are so curious about my dog ,and me ,especially the calfs, they are so cute,yet i eat them!!!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.