Valued Contributor

I think my dog put himself in a time out!

My dog follows me into the bathroom in the morning while I brush my teeth and get the shower going, Then he goes outside the room and likes to lay by the bathroom door while I finish getting ready. He scratches around on the carpet a bit before he lays down. The other day, he didn't come in and I didn't hear him scratching. Looked out the door and he was in his favorite waiting spot but was standing with his head almost touching the wall. He looked like he had given himself a time out.

cookin

Honored Contributor

Re: I think my dog put himself in a time out!

Cute!! Does it work for cats too? 🙀🙀

Respected Contributor

@OKPrincess, I was just going to ask the same question. All 3 of them need that every day.

Honored Contributor

Dogs vs cats in timeout

0B4B779A-5257-437C-B0CD-FC9D198E7B01.jpeg03141E63-7FDD-42B1-A020-0867B4106543.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Why did he change his routine?

Frequent Contributor

Hi Cookinfreak...I'm not trying to scare you but if he keeps doing this it may be a medical issue.  I have read about this but I don't

remember exactly what the issue was.  Look up head pressing in dogs and I think you will find information.  Hope it's just he was being funny and nothing serious.  Take care..Diane

Trusted Contributor

• Watch your dog to see if this behavior continues. I read about this very thing on Pinterest and it’s not a good thing. I’m afraid I don’t have more information on this, but I at least wanted to bring it to your attention. It’s not life threatening, but if it continues let your vet know.
F/N/A luvstogarden
Valued Contributor

@DianeFL

@Mimi 1883

Thanks for the heads up and info but just to let you know, he wasn't pressing his head against the wall, he was just standing facing the wall. He is not much of a morning guy (I'm out of it the mornings too) and I think he was just tired and didn't know what he wanted to do for sure.

COOKIN