Honored Contributor

Re: I put an application in for a dog at a dog rescue

@MandyG06 wrote:

crossing my fingers for you!

We just adopted a dog on Monday from the Humane Society Smiley Happy

Last Thursday, I saw a picture of the most handsome, adorable dog, I put in an application right away, but had to wait until the next available appt on Monday to see if he would still be available. All weekend, our family prayed that no one else adopted him. When I arrived for the appt, I asked, "Is Hank still here?", and the volunteer said, "yes, this way", I literally started crying tears of joy. Hank has stolen our hearts and home! 

#adoptdontshop

@MandyG06 We haven't seen Hank yet!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden Bless you.  I'll cross my fingers.  All of those little hears deserve love.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Good luck, I hope you get the dog!

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Super Contributor

Did you get him ? Did you get him ?   So excited to hear all about him ..... Keeping fingers crossed for you both !

Super Contributor

Oh yay !  Can you post a picture ? We want to see Hank !

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden and @MandyG06 - Thank you for giving these sweet pups good homes!

@MandyG06 - What a beautiful picture of your children- two legged and four legged (including the one peeking out the door!) I hope your kitties "welcome" Hank to "their"  home! LOL!  He is a lucky boy to have found his place with you!  Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I am sure the odds are against me with all the people looking for dogs, but, I went ahead and submitted my application.   It was for an English Setter. I will follow up if I hear anything back.  The cost to adopt is $600. 

Wow, that is really a high adoption fee. Even for a problem or a needy dog which has been spayed, shots, etc. is no more than $150. We are in a big city & your price just astounds me. Also this price is for any breed of dog. Hopefully you can get the price lowered.

Valued Contributor

@MandyG06 Hank is adorable and so are your kids!

@SeaMaiden I hope you get the dog.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Respected Contributor

@MandyG06 wrote:

crossing my fingers for you!

We just adopted a dog on Monday from the Humane Society Smiley Happy

Last Thursday, I saw a picture of the most handsome, adorable dog, I put in an application right away, but had to wait until the next available appt on Monday to see if he would still be available. All weekend, our family prayed that no one else adopted him. When I arrived for the appt, I asked, "Is Hank still here?", and the volunteer said, "yes, this way", I literally started crying tears of joy. Hank has stolen our hearts and home! 

#adoptdontshop

@MandyG06 

Both you guys and Hank are so lucky!!! 

Honored Contributor

@Diamonds22 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I am sure the odds are against me with all the people looking for dogs, but, I went ahead and submitted my application.   It was for an English Setter. I will follow up if I hear anything back.  The cost to adopt is $600. 

Wow, that is really a high adoption fee. Even for a problem or a needy dog which has been spayed, shots, etc. is no more than $150. We are in a big city & your price just astounds me. Also this price is for any breed of dog. Hopefully you can get the price lowered.

I think it depends on where you are and what your local rescue center charges.  My sister-in-law paid nearly $400 for a little cross between a red dachshund and Chihauhau, about 18 months old.

Usually, the older dogs were less, but not by a lot.  She still considered it money well-spent, since we know the rescue centers spend a lot more than that on caring for the animals brought in.