Honored Contributor

Re: I put an application in for a dog at a dog rescue

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

@SeaMaiden 

Is the dog still listed on the rescue site?

@lolakimono  No. I am sure they received many many applications.  They say they go through all of them and decide who to consider. It is not first person first chance. Everyone has an equal chance.   I figure if I do not hear back by next week, I lost out. 

I know in our area there are few dogs available. The only reason Collie Rescue of SEPA had a dog to place in the past several months is because a gentleman passed away.

The President said he has a stack of applications over an inch thick of people wanting to adopt.

Our local rescue group Wet Nose has 3 dogs available.

Hope things work out for you and you get the dog you wanted.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I still have heard nothing back.  Seems to be the same situation every time I put a request in to a rescue. I know my home and  our love to offer  to a dog is not in question. I think that there are too many people right now looking for dogs.....and that is good. 

@SeaMaiden   I never received any reply to my messages.  The dog I adopted I saw online, as all of the others that I saw and read about, then inquired, no response.  The rescue organization would have him at a certain pet store on a Saturday, about forty-five minutes from home, so after DD's riding lesson, off we flew to the store, and there he was, a little guy in a big cage by himself, the rest is history.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Wahoogaz  @lolakimono  And everyone who posted 

I  am  right now talking to someone looking to rehome their  4 month old puppy due to their son having allergy issues.    We are just in the email phase now....but we are working on a meet and greet here maybe next week. I always remain open to the fact it may not work out.  I figure that if it does not workout, there is something better in the future that is coming...the dog I am meant to be with is still out there.  Most of my dogs have been  rehomes or rescue  dogs. And they all were wonderful companions to us.  

@SeaMaiden 

Something very similar happened to me about six months ago. It was very disappointing but understandable. Your post really touched me. I especially liked the way you expressed yourself about accepting the possibility of not being selected to adopt the dog you wanted. Both of my dogs, approximately fifteen and eighteen years old passed away within seven weeks of each other about a year ago. I've been heartbroken and still cry sometimes. The next dog who was meant to be with me appeared in an online request from a county humane shelter. They needed a foster for a dog who needed a lot of care while she was being treated for heart worms. She needed transportation to and from medical treatments and a quiet environment to recuperate. 

My intention was to adopt her. She's six or more years old but wasn't house trained or leash trained. Anyway,  she is officially mine now. I took her for a wellness exam last week and she'll need some dental work done. She's very smart and learns quickly. Let's me know when she needs to go pee pee/poo poo. She wants to love and be loved. The shelter and several veterinarians have told me she's about the sweetest dog ever. @SeaMaiden, I'm looking forward to seeing good news from you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Silver Lining   A wonderful story, so happy she worked out for you.

I could tell you a story about a cat I rescued, his background would make you weep. I sobbed for weeks after he passed, and for a few weeks, I felt him in bed next to me, his spirit trying to comfort me when I was inconsolable.  I still cry, as now, every time I speak of him, and it has been thirty years since he passed, an angel he was.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

I could tell you a story about a cat I rescued, his background would make you weep. I sobbed for weeks after he passed, and for a few weeks, I felt him in bed next to me, his spirit trying to comfort me when I was inconsolable.  I still cry, as now, every time I speak of him, and it has been thirty years sine he passed, an angel he was.

@mousiegirl, I'm crying right along with you. You speak so sweetly about him. I know exactly how you feel. Being so emotional myself about animals, I know the pain that many of them have suffered and how we hurt for them. Sending you peace, love and hugs.

Honored Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

I could tell you a story about a cat I rescued, his background would make you weep. I sobbed for weeks after he passed, and for a few weeks, I felt him in bed next to me, his spirit trying to comfort me when I was inconsolable.  I still cry, as now, every time I speak of him, and it has been thirty years sine he passed, an angel he was.

@mousiegirl, I'm crying right along with you. You speak so sweetly about him. I know exactly how you feel. Being so emotional myself about animals, I know the pain that many of them have suffered and how we hurt for them. Sending you peace, love and hugs.

@Silver Lining   Thank you. Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I  am  right now talking to someone looking to rehome their  4 month old puppy due to their son having allergy issues.    We are just in the email phase now....but we are working on a meet and greet here maybe next week. I always remain open to the fact it may not work out.  I figure that if it does not workout, there is something better in the future that is coming...the dog I am meant to be with is still out there.  Most of my dogs have been  rehomes or rescue  dogs. And they all were wonderful companions to us.  

UPDATE:   Well, the meet and greet feel through🙁....onward I go forth 🙂❤️

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

UPDATE:   Well, the meet and greet fell through🙁....onward I go forth 🙂❤️

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

UPDATE:   Well, the meet and greet feel through🙁....onward I go forth 🙂❤️

@SeaMaiden   All I can say is to be persistent, keep looking, make appointments for different dogs on different days, and maybe one will work out.  As my Mother used to say, "i'taint easy, Magee." lol. but I say worth it.

Super Contributor

OHHHHHH MY GOOOOOODNESS  !!!!  THOSE BEAUTIFUL EARS....... AND THAT KISS FACE.   What a happy lucky dog !  So happy for all of you......Thank  you so much for sharing !!!