Trusted Contributor

Re: I put an application in for a dog at a dog rescue

[ Edited ]

@MandyG06   That is beautiful, so happy and thankful that you adopted your sweet dog.  It was meant to be!  Please post a photo of Hank, I would love to see him! 

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden : beautiful breed! All my dogs have been rescues.

I was waitlisted for a purebread American Eskimo years ago from a shelter. Two people ahead of me, but they were both looking for companion dogs for dogs they already had and Eskies usually prefer to be the only animal in the household. He was ours. Beautiful dog and great family pet as well as guard dog. Mine was his third home (maybe more.) He was originally obedience and crate trained, then lived outside 24/7 until he finally found his Forever home.

if he/ she is the right one for you, the dog will be yours. Good luck!

Valued Contributor

@sophiesofers here's a pic of Hank Smiley Happy If you zoom in, one of our cats is checking him out at the door behind the kids

Hank.jpg

Respected Contributor

Rescue Burnout: What is Causing Rescuers to Stop Helping Animals? |  Generation Wags

Honored Contributor

Hank is beautiful....your kids are amazingly beautiful 🙂

Super Contributor

@SeaMaiden  Best of luck! English Setters are one of my favorite breeds. My girl was from a shelter and was probably the sweetest dog I've ever had. I lost her in 2014 to bladder cancer and have only recently started thinking about getting another ES in the future. I've already got a couple of ES rescue sites bookmarked. thumbnail.jpg

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden That is quite the adoption fee!  Tupelo, MS charges $100.00 at our local humane society for a dog and they have been spayed/neutered.  I feel that is why so many loving animals are put down when they could fill a void of love in a home.  I hope that you are successful and get another "furever friend".  Keep us posted.

Respected Contributor

Good for you, @SeaMaiden . Hope it's a winner for you. Adoption is the best way to go. I have 2 adopted cats and a third was a semi feral from a local colony. We'll be waiting to hear.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Adoption fees in my city are around $124 and go up to around $160. 

Our state animal is a shelter pet. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@SeaMaiden At first I thought wow, $600 until I saw the explanation. We only ever adopted cats and even with being spayed, getting chipped and shots it was a lot less. But now I get it.

I pray you get this dog. It actually makes me cry when I hear of dogs being mistreated and IMO this dog was. Who keeps a dog tied up?

I had to quit watching Pit Bulls and Parollees because I just cried so much.

Please let us know and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

I love Pit bulls and Parolees. Yes they have some heartwrenching stories that have made me cry. So many of the outcomes have been happy. They charge $300 for adoption. I live in Colorado and this is a state that doesn't allow out of state adoptions. I saw a few dogs that I would have loved to adopt.