Honored Contributor

Re: I need some advice please.

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@SilleeMee 

When a dog eats poop,no matter who's poop it is,it can mean a dietary deficiency.

@MalteseMomma.  I think its more of a learned behavior.  I've always had multiple dogs whose diet wanted for nothing.  When one would start with the poop, the others would see it and soon they followed suit.  It may be due to boredom.

I never let dogs lick my face.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It is a nasty ,discusting habit,  i know when we brought our lab home ,we let the other 3 out, in back yard,i walked to where they were with the pup, introduced her to them,every thing went good,put her down in the grass, and walked her around ,she went for the poop the other 3 had just done,it was a life long habit for her ,i feel she learned it from the pups,and mom she was with.It was extreme, for her.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee , you can try scented oils, like lavender  cinnamon, lemon, peppermint...Google it.  Cats don't like those scents.  You can put a mixture in a spray bottle with water or a carrier like castor oil.   True they don't like citrus, but I wouldn't put out fresh peels or your dog or some other critter might like it.

I used to make an oil spray I used around my chicken coops, and barn...I used clove, peppermint,  eucalyptus, geranium oils...I also used Avon SKIN SO SOFT authentic oil as a carrier.  It works!    I hope this helps, good luck!

Regular Contributor

Don't know about the cat poo but my dog ate his own poo and usually threw it up the next morning.  I solved it by adding to his diet small pineapple  chunks which apparently deter them.  Only a small amount either fresh, tinned or cottage cheese with pineapple.  Initially I hovered and said "no" or called his name.  This was recommended to me by a professional so please friends no harsh comments.  It worked for the rest of his life.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe someone has already mentioned this but I would take my dog out on a leash and anytime I saw that cat the dog would remain inside.  The goal would be to "break up the friendship" so to speak.  Given time, the cat will probably go looking eslewhere for new excitement. 

I edited this to say...dogs can be taught to "leave it".  I taught my last dog that.  He had a squirrel in his mouth and when I said "leave it" he dropped it and left it.