Trusted Contributor

Re: I need a good pet stain remover

So sorry about your Bella. I have used Nature's Miracle for years. I get mine at Petco, but I'm sure you can get it at any pet store. It gets out stains and odors. It's even gotten out old stains on my old carpet. You can use on any surface.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nature's Miracle is excellent.  It's made for removing pet stains from carpeting but it's the best stain remover I've ever used on my own clothing too.

I think @Trudey used it after I mentioned it here once and likes it also (if I remember correctly).

Esteemed Contributor

I've had good luck with Joe Campenelli's stain formula. It's a foam that you spray on the carpet stain.  Works great on stubborn stains. 

I also use  a liquid spray formula that I found at BBB that works well on fresh stains. Folex professional cleaner. (white bottle w/purple lettering) 

It depnds on the type of carpet you have and how old the carpet and the stain is. I always have dogs and find that these two work for me. I have both wall to wall (light color) and Royal Palace rugs (variety of colors)

Hope you have some luck with these.

Respected Contributor

For Bella and you~!

New Contributor

I really want to thank everyone for your suggestions on my stain issues and the wonderful well wishes for Bella and me. Thank you all so much I truly appreciate it. 

Now I have many different options to choose from. I wanted to comment on summerwind's post to me. Bella is taking prednisone, benadryl and a acid reducer twice a day to try to make the mass cell tumor on her leg to try to shrink. All those meds make her so thirsty so she has to pee almost every hour. That is no lie every hour. So that's why I need a good stain remover. I am going to try the cranberry powder if you would be so kind as to tell me where to get it. Thanks again to everyone!

Honored Contributor

@orangepmsonic  Have you tried teaching her to use potty pads?  I used to use them with my Japanese Chin, and they worked great.  You didn't say how big Bella was, but if she isn't too big they would be worth a try.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

New Contributor

NickNack yes I have tryed the potty pads. She will go around them but not on them. She is 7 years old now and a rescue dog and she maybe has 5 accidents in the house. She's so so good with that. She is a very sweet pit bull but she's not as big as a normal pit bull. At the shelter they called her itty bitty pitty lol which I loved!

Super Contributor

Hi orangepmsonic,

When my beloved pet started vomiting on my carpet (was diagnosed with pancreatitis, then later cancer), it was leaving a very yellowish/brown stain on my light grey carpets.  I  used shout laundry stain remover.  It worked like a charm taking the dark stains out of the carpet.  I will say that my carpet wasn't brand new so I wasn't worried about it taking the color from carpet.  I would spray on and then follow up with a damp sponge.  Carpet looked brand new in those spots. 

I am sorry for your Bella.  I miss my girl everyday, and I considered it a privilege to have been able to take care of her in those last weeks when she was so sick.  They love us so much.  I pray the best for the both of you.

Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry to hear that your precious Bella has cancer.  We lost our Simon to cancer; and though he was the cleanest dog, he has many accidents toward the end.  When he passed, we pulled up the carpet and replace with hardwood floors.

Now, we have a crazy cat that will purposely go on our area rug in the living room, which is now completely blocked off.  What I did before blocking it, was put a dishwasher pod in water, let it dissolve, and scrub the carpet.  The spot came up and no odor.  Not sure if it will work for you, but it did work for me.  Good luck.  Sending good thoughts to Bella.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Super Contributor

@orangepmsonic: I bought my cranberry powder from Amazon. It's their Bulk Supplements Pure Cranberry Extract,  100 grams or 3.5 oz. They have larger sizes. I'm still using the same batch, but my little girl is very small, vet said use "a pinch".  Make sure you check with your vet for dosage, you want to make sure you use enough to help.

We do what we can for our furbabies Smiley Happy