New Contributor

I need a good pet stain remover

I am watching Carolyn on qvc today and trying to figure out a good stain remover for my dear doggie Bella. She has cancer and is taking a lot of medicine, which makes her have a few accidents. I have spend my whole day today trying to clean up her little messes. I have been to the store twice today and bought cleaners that are not working. So hopefully someone can tell me what will work. Carolyn is such an animal person, so who better to ask.

Honored Contributor

Re: I need a good pet stain remover

@orangepmsonic wrote:

I am watching Carolyn on qvc today and trying to figure out a good stain remover for my dear doggie Bella. She has cancer and is taking a lot of medicine, which makes her have a few accidents. I have spend my whole day today trying to clean up her little messes. I have been to the store twice today and bought cleaners that are not working. So hopefully someone can tell me what will work. Carolyn is such an animal person, so who better to ask.

What are you trying to clean?  Fabric and if so what kind? Flooring  and if so what kind?  Stains of vomit, urine or fece.

Respected Contributor

I just lost my precious pup to renal failure and had a similar problem with pet stains.

At Target, I found BISSELL OXY STAIN DESTROYER- Pet Stain Remover.  I've tried many things through the years and this is by far the most effective product I've found.  It'comes in a spray can and is easy to use. It also helps with odor control. If this doesn't work for you, I don't know anything else that might come close. But anything with Oxy Clean would be a possibility.

Good luck and prayers for Belle. 

New Contributor

Sorry I should have said. It's been a long day. Her urine accidents are all on our carpet. Just a normal carpet, nothing special.

Valued Contributor

I found that StainMaster pet stain remover works great. Our elderly dog Gracie had terribly diarrhea a few months ago (from an intestinal infection) and nothing wuld remove the stain from the salmon color carpeting in our dining room--hubby tried everything--even rented a steam carpet cleaner---which spread the stain and made it much worse. At that point, we'd try anything--and we did---StainMaster in a spray can was the best.

Wishing Bella the best...*HUGS* from Gracie!!!!

Respected Contributor

Don't laugh....

Hydrogen Peroxide 3% solution...or, the Hydrogen peroxide you can buy at Walmart for less than one dollar for the large bottle.

I've tried EVERYTHING to get cat vomit stains from leaving a "shadow" stain on my

light beige carpetting, and on dark blue carpetting. NOTHING WORKED.

I scrubbed first with warm water and Dawn, Tide liquid, other kinds of detergents and soaps. YES the stain would "come out" but there would appear that shadow stain

from the orangish coloring in pet foods....or stomach juices.

I found this fix online, searching for ways to remove pet stains from carpet. It also disinfects. The trick is to clean up the mess IMMEDIATELY with detergent-or-soap and water, blot up, then pour the Hydrogen Peroxide directly on the stain, soaking it.

No more stain. No shadow outline the next day. AND...it does NOT bleach carpet fibers like bleach would BUT....I ALWAYS test on an out of the way area first.

This works better than ANY store bought ( or TV bought) cleaner. Had cats for 40 years and was pulling my hair out over stains. RESOLVE carpet cleaner DID bleach my rug (left a yellowish shadow on my beige wall-to-wall).

I did NOT have success with old stains.

Hydrogen PEroxide 3% will work on other stains too....dripping plant water, coffee droplets, etc.

Try it ..you will be amazed..... 88 cents for the large bottle at our local walmart. I keep several bottles on hand. When I DO have to use it, I leave the bottle beside the stain so I don't soak my socks walking on the spot.

Contributor

I use hydrogen peroxide too. I mix with white vinegar and add few drops of peppermint essential oil.  I use a steam vac carpet cleaner to suck up the solution.  I use good essential oil - Young Living brand.

Super Contributor

At 3 months, my puppy developed an auto-immune disorder from her distemper booster, and was put on heavy (for her size) dose of prednisone.  This can cause urinary problems. My vet suggested giving her cranberry powder to help, and she never had a problem after that.

So far, she has survived 1 1/2 years, and has been off the pred for several weeks. (She had a remission last October, we started over and weaned her off much more slowly.)

I will probably keep her on the powder indefinitely.

Prayers for Bella.

Honored Contributor

@orangepmsonic  Have you discussed the urination problem with your vet?  There is medication that often helps with the problem.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@orangepmsonic   I'm so sorry that Bella has cancer.  I have gone through that with a few of my dogs, too.  I hope the medicine is helping her.

I adopted a dog many years ago that I never could fully housetrain.  It was a huge problem.  I tried everything, and nothing ever got the stain or smell out completely.  I finally gave up and removed all my carpeting and put in laminate floors.  I didn't buy any rugs until she died.  I'm certainly not suggesting you do what I did.  I hope you can find something that helps your situation.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau