Esteemed Contributor

So my brother just calls me up, he lives about 70 miles from my home. He was driving down the freeway, and he sees something that he thinks is a piece of debris which turns out to be a kitten. He has no idea how the kitten did not get run over.   

We grew up with animals so we are pet lovers. He of course can't leave it, even though he is making is rounds for work. The kitten is now in his work truck under one of his seats.

He already has four dogs, two belong to him and my SIL and two belong to my niece who lives with them. The dogs are small, but you get the picture, no more pets. 

I have already had my stint with pets, I grew up with them and love animals, and I even had two cats of my own and a dog who all lived long healthy lives, but I really do not want any more pets.

I told him if my niece absolutely cannot find a home for the kitten then I would take it. Sigh!!!!

Contributor

Re: I may be getting a kitten

If you get the kitten, I am sure it will be a blessing in your life. Hugs!

Respected Contributor

Maybe it was just meant to be. 😺

Honored Contributor

@icezeus Bless him for saving this sweet baby. How people can discard animals is beyond my comprehension and bless you for being willing to give the kitten a good home.

I firmly believe that animals "know" they have been resuced and have a special love for those who save them. I have no doubt at all.

Honored Contributor

Your brother sounds like a great guy for stopping and rescuing the kitten.  I know you'll quickly fall in love if you take it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Bless your brother.  I have 6 cats for some of the same reasons.  I can't resist a poor helpless animal.  I also believe the animals know you saved them and they are grateful.  They sense the love coming from you.  

Super Contributor

Take it, take it! 

Respected Contributor

I just brought home a rescue kitten two weeks ago.  He was skin and bones and screaming at the top of his lungs in the cage at the adoption area.  He was very young--no breeder would ever sell a pet at such an age.  His ears were dirty and his nails were long. I did not need or want another pet --I have two mid-size dogs, five other cats (four long haired), and a bunch of parakeets.  I just lost one of my senior cats to cancer a few months ago after spending a fortune.

But I could not bear to see this little one suffer and I was afraid he might not make it without high quality care.  The first night at our home he wrapped his paws around our heads on the pillow like we were his mother.   

Now he has started to fill out, he is playing nonstop, he is much more calm and content, and he is making friends with all the other pets.  

I never look at pets as a burden--instead they are special blessings that bring joy and light to my life.  Yes, my house is a menagerie, but I have the space, time and the funds to make my pets' lives as happy as they could be. My philosophy is in the long run one more does not really disrupt our lives.  I wish all kittens could be loved, adored, worshipped and cared for the way I do with all my cats!

Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle  That's the belief of many people !

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper Your loving post about your animals made me tear up. Bless you.