Honored Contributor

I’m so excited I’m cat-sitting …

my friends kitty for a month.  This kitty is so sweet and can't wait to have a furry visitor.

😊😊😊🐈🐈🐱🐱🐾🐾

Honored Contributor

Re: I’m so excited I’m cat-sitting …

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1  Make sure kitty is wearing a tag with YOUR phone number if she's staying with you. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 

Play time will be very important ... and take lots of photos!   Heart

Have fun!  

Honored Contributor

Cute festive cat with the inscription Happy Holidays.

Respected Contributor

Sounds like you're going to have a great time!

Respected Contributor

Having a kitty guest will be fun!  But Make sure she has a " Home base" to retreat to.  New house can be overwhelming so one room with her blanket and "ammenities"  will help her feel safe.  Close doors to rooms you're not using. If kitty likes to hide you won't have to look through every room to find her.   Cuddle time and just knowing you're there will be comforting to her and boost her confidence in your home.  Treats and play and cuddles.  Can't ask for anything better than that!

Enjoy your time together!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

thank you wonderful idea! I'd be heartbroken if anything happened to my buddy...

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1    In the 20+ years I've done animal rescue, I couldn't count the stories I've heard of new rescues/adoptees jumping out of their guardians arms, upset and frightened, never to be seen again in many cases.

I once brought a sheltie home and as soon as he got out of the car, he slipped out of his collar.  My first instinct was to chase and grab him hopefully.  Instead I called him and he actually came to me.  Shelties are spooky, if I'd chased him I would have never caught himand he would have been gone.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I'm a big advocate of pets being chipped.  Our cat was lost 3 weeks and was finally found because of the chip.  

Be very careful of her nearness when exterior doors are opened.  Cats like to slide out that way and will watch for an opening.  Have fun!

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 - Enjoy every minute with your special "guest"! Good advice here. And don't be surprised if a purring kitty gets you up very early in the morning!  Smiley Wink