Contributor

I'm getting a new shelter puppy again

Well it's been 3 months since Hunter's passing. I have two other shelter dogs, but Jenny, Hunter's best friend has still been crying for him. She sleeps in his bed. Milo my little dog, plays with Amber my shelter Maine Soon cat, and only sometimes plays with Jenny, my Golden Lab.

Our new puppy was found in the woods and had to be bottle fed along with her brother. This was in ME through Friends of Homeless Animals. I live in Massachusetts, so she won't be here for a week or two

i meant to say that she is in Mississippi right now.

i will keep you posted

Trusted Contributor

Re: I'm getting a new shelter puppy again

@Libra2  So happy for you and I hope the puppy's cute antics will help perk up Jenny's day.  Your new puppy is one lucky little baby to have an angel like you rescue her.  If you get a chance would love to have you post some pics of your new baby !!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Libra2  How exciting for you!  A new puppy in a home is always such fun.  I hope this is just what your Jenny needs to feel better.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

How very wonderful! Best of luck with the new pup.

Honored Contributor

Can't wait to see some photos!  Sorry to hear about Jenny.  Hope the new pup helps her to heal.

Honored Contributor

@Libra2 

Congratulations!  I hope all of your critters love her and will get along well.

Just a note: If your new pup is coming from Mississippi, please be sure she has been checked for heartworms and parvovirus.  Both are prevalent in the south, especially with abandoned dogs.  

Enjoy your new addition!  🐾❤️

Trusted Contributor

goodfor yuou.  i am wso glad that you are going to adopt agaoin .  tome, a house is not a home unless it has a pet or two.

Respected Contributor

@Libra2  HOW WONDERFUL.   I wish everyone a smooth and loving transition.  There are so many dogs that come up from the South that need loving homes like yours.  We do a dog transfer every month with dogs that come up from Alabama.  We walk them, clean their cages and give them a lot of love...  then they continue North and go to thier permanent or foster homes in Wisc or Minn.  I know you realize that love and patience will take you far.   PLEASE SEND PICS and keep us updated.  Hugs to all.

Esteemed Contributor

@Libra2  Cant wait to see your new addition to your family. It is so exciting 

to get another dog. I hope she will get along well with all your pets.

Congratulations!😊

Respected Contributor

@Libra2 

So very sorry to read that your precious Hunter passed away. Losing a pet is so very heartbreaking.  My husband and I are still struggling over the loss of our golden lab and it's been 8 months this week. 

We did adopt our little shelter kitty and we are in love with her. She's done wonders for my husbands broken heart, and mine as well. 

I do wish you the very best with your new baby. She will do wonders for you as well. It's so wonderful that you are willing to open you hearts and home to a little throw away.  Just think of how much she needs you, and, what would have happened to her had you not wanted her.  Our local shelter, where we got our baby kitty from, does the best they can, but they are a kill shelter, as most shelters in the south are. Thankfully, there are volunteers that will step up and transport dogs up north for adoption.  It's very troubling to me that the deep south has so many animals in need, but, thankfully, there are those who try to help.  The need is almost incomprehensible. I don't understand how people can treat their animals so badly. 

Enjoy your new baby, and hopefully, she will bring you and your sweet Jenny some joy. 

God Bless You Real Good!!!!