Valued Contributor

@furbabylover 

I checked its safety before using it, however, plain water would not deter it. This is a high nuisance animal in Florida. They are becoming more and more aggressive.

Valued Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

HOW INHUMANE - Vinegar in the eyes - despicable.

@MoonieBaby ===> Stop causing drama by accusing me of spraying an animals eyes. Shame.

Valued Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

I imagine that the lizards like sitting in the warm sun on a heated-up ledge.  They are in their natural habitat--humans are the trespassers.

You understand that most people on this forum are animal lovers and do not want any harm to come to innocent creatures.

Please do not use cleaning fluids on a wild creature.

You can buy some little bumps to put on your ledge so the lizards will not sit there.  Here in the northeast we put up little wires to keep out the pigeons and the squirrels, but it is never justifiable to try to deliberately hurt a wild creature just for our own convenience.

@FancyPhillyshopper ===> I am an animal enthusiat and supporter, but this has become an invasive species here. I do not have access to the ledge. I am 3 stories up and there is a permanent screen barrier between the ledge and the balcony. The complex I live in has taken measures to protect trees and plants in common areas which seems to force the iguanas to go areas they shouldn't be in, in mass.

Valued Contributor

@Xivambala  I live in Florida too, and after looking it up, I did not realize these lizards were a non- native species who are causing problems. The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission is calling for Floridians to kill them. Its like some of the giant snake species in the Everglades that were imported from elsewhere, and causing a huge problem. I live on the Gulf, and oddly we have none of those problems here. Just hurricanes!!!

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I would never be able to live where those are.

Me, too. That thing plus at least a half a dozen other reasons including bugs and gators.

Honored Contributor

I can deal w/snakes & lizards.  What I can't deal w/are giant FLYING cockroaches.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Xivambala 

haaaaaa - yea.....I  caused drama. 
I don't cause drama.  
I give my honest opinion and calls it as I see it. 
vinegar sprayed towards an animal is lousy. Period. 
the drama is not mine. 
And for the record- I will never sit quiet when I feel any creature is compromised. 

if your bugged by me, I'm okay with that. 

Valued Contributor

@MoonieBaby ===> No, you have not "bugged" me. This was a mix of water and vinegar and was not sprayed in the eyes, and was the only thing with enough spray force I had at the time to evict the iguana. I actually think this may be the same fellow that may have been here a couple of days earlier. 

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

I would never be able to live where those are.

Not to mention the pythons, boa constrictors and huge gators that live there! 

I live about 2 hours from the GA/FL border and that's too close to those critters for me!

@KingstonsMom,  you might want to consider moving farther north as iguanas have been spotted and/or captured near the FL/GA border, including Pensacola, Panama City Beach and Jacksonville.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac  I lived in S Florida for 24 years and I soooo agree about those cockroaches!  I called them "747's", lol.  The other issue is they fear nothing.  They arrogantly strut right in front of you w/o fear!