Respected Contributor

She's an 18 year-old Himalayan and surprisingly healthy for her age; heck, she's probably healthier than I am! 

My own health hasn't been that great lately and she really does seem to sense when I'm not doing well. What I find so comforting is that she seeks me out to sleep with me; she's so soft and warm and has finally figured out that I can't sleep when she plops herself on my feet so she's re-positioned herself next to my pillow so I can reach over pet her if I'm awake in the middle of the night.

I know dogs are famous for this kind of sensitivity. Do you think cats have it too? There's nothing sweeter than a soft little kitty tongue "kissing" me from time to time and I've even woken up because she's licking my face.

I sometimes wonder what will happen when she's not around any more but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I've had a lot of cats but Missy is really special <3

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten    We need to see her picture.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten  So nice you have your Missy. Sweet post 😊

Trusted Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten  Such a sweet post and a very sweet and special cat! ❤️Wishing you many more years together. 

I had a special cat, also, and still miss her. My husband and I often talk about her and all the funny and sweet things she did. 💕

F/N/A luvstogarden
Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten 

That's very sweet.  Our pets are so sweet & yes they can sense when somethings amiss.

I have 2 19 yr. old sisters and one of them, Fluffy, will kiss also.  She woke me up last week licking my face.  Cutest!  When I pet her, she'll sometimes grab my hand with her front paws & start licking my hand.  Maybe she thinks I'm a good Mommy, who knows?

I hope you have many more years of love & enjoyment with your Sweet Missy.  They are our children.  

Esteemed Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten 

Doggies know completely.  Snuggles and licks.  Like they are checking on us.  Kisses to your baby.

Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten 

You are so fortunate to have that special bond with Missy ... my Himalayan actually bit me on her 16th birthday as I tried to cuddle with her to "celebrate" her special day.  

Cherish your time with her, and you two will be connected forever!  Hope you feel better soon.