Respected Contributor

I learned something about dogs

I've never like brindle markings but I'd never seen a live example. One of my neighbors was walking her dog which had brindle markings. To my surprise, they're beautiful! She let me pet him and his coast felt so nice--not too soft and not too harsh. I don't remember what breed he was, if any, but I'm glad I got a chance to see how pretty brindle markings are.

Also...I was watching the Westminster dog show where the dogs got put through their paces in an agility contest. Now, I've never liked poodles much either, mostly because of--what looks like to me--those god-awful cuts. But when one of them was flying around, hardly touching the floor, I could see what a beautiful dog it is, poodle-cut or no.

Glad I watched.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: I learned something about dogs

I love poodles who go commando/au natural!

Honored Contributor

When I had a miniature poodle, I always had him cut so he looked like a little white lamb, with no pattern.  You can't beat a poodle for brains and personality plus.  Great dogs. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

And with that full coat you can appreciate what a large dog the standard poodle is. I saw two getting groomed when I took my babies in. They were really big. The groomers had them standing on the floor. My little guys were always up on the table.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My guess is you are very much in to fashion as you disike a pattern you have never seen " Off the hanger" and you Never liked poodles because of the suit that is put on them.

edited fo use of a more accurate word.

Respected Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

My guess is you are very much in to fashion as you disike a pattern you have never seen " Off the hanger" and you Never liked poodles because of the suit that is put on them.

edited fo use of a more accurate word.

well, wasn't that special! My guess is that you're a jerk.

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten   lol.  That may have been a compliment, I'm not sure. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@On It wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

And with that full coat you can appreciate what a large dog the standard poodle is. I saw two getting groomed when I took my babies in. They were really big. The groomers had them standing on the floor. My little guys were always up on the table.

A few years ago there was a news story about  car that got stolen with the owners' standard poodle in it. When the car was recovered, that doggie jumped into its owners arms just like a frightened child and I could see how BIG they are. And I felt so sorry for that dog; it was 3 days before they found him and he hadn't had any food or water in all that time.

I hope whoever did that to that dog goes to jail for a long time.