Respected Contributor

I inherited a dog Jake update

Jake Update:

We are loving and enjoying his company and him! I am pretty sure he feels the same about us! Jake is so lovable!

We brought Jake to the groomer and he looks and feels fantastic. He enjoyed the spa day for sure.  He is adjusting to his new home very well so far and he is at my husbands heel from the moment he gets out of bed. 

I found out that his birthday is November 1, 2007. he is also a registered service dog and it shows! 

Sometimes I think when he lays down he is missing his Dad. Most of the time he seems content. He is really active for a boy his age. He is also so well behaved. He hasn't had any accident since the first 3 days last week, when he joined the family. I think between him being nervous and the UTI, that's what was happening.

We are in touch with his VET and will keep him there as they have been caring for him since he was a pup. We have a follow up to make sure his UTI is cleared.

We walk him 3 times a day and he keeps a great pace. He loves walks! 

We are all having fun. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I inherited a dog Jake update

Doggie hugs to Jake, and kisses from me!

Honored Contributor

@KBEANS 

That's heartwarming news!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

How wonderful.  A dog makes a house a home.

Enjoy your time together.  Give Jake a hug and kiss for me.

Honored Contributor

I'm happy for Jake!

and for you and your husband!

That's a happy update!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@KBEANS What a heartwarming post! I'm so glad Jake has another "Dad" in his life. Thank you for loving him and taking such good care of him. Your DH's friend knew what he was doing when he entrusted Jake to your loving home. I'm so happy for all 3 of you.

Valued Contributor

Nothing more wonderful than the unconditional love of a dog !!  Don't tell me how lonesome you are without first trying the love and companionship of a pet.  

Esteemed Contributor

I love hearing these types of stories. 

Atta a good boy Jake. 

Trusted Contributor

How wonderful that Jake went from one good dad to another wonderful mom and dad. Sounds as if you and hubby along with Jake are winners in this arrangement. 

Respected Contributor

This story makes me soooo happy