Honored Contributor

Re: I have to say goodbye to my beloved cat, Buddy.

One of the hardest days ever and heartbreaking for sure.  I'm very sorry for you but take heart in knowing that you gave your Buddy the best life possible.  

Esteemed Contributor

• @estaw2000 sorry about your loss,it's so sad to lose them after years together.
Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Valued Contributor

My heart is with you.  Nothing anyone can say can make it better right now.  I lost my dachshund, Amsel, after 15 years to cancer.  She and I fought it for over a year but we lost the battle.  My sister-in-law went with me to the vet.  It was heart breaking but she was suffering.  God gave me the stregnth and He will you also.  She was my heartbeat.

Super Contributor

@ellaphant I am so sorry this happened to your Buddy.  I hate that our babies have awful things like this happen to them.  I just recently had to go through this (and still am).  I had to take my Teddy Bear to the vet on Dec. 2 and I am still trying to cope with the loss.  It is so very difficult.  I wish whatever was wrong with him had never happened.  He was so miserable.  I hate myself for doing it and at the same time, I wonder if I waited too long.  I hope you come back and read all these beautiful messages of support and know that we are all here for you.  Hugs and Prayers for you.  

Esteemed Contributor

@ellaphant I am so sorry reading about your beloved Buddy, it is the most difficult decision a pet owner must face, but it is also the most unselfish decision a pet owner makes, it shows that you loved your Buddy unconditionally enough not to let him go on suffering, my heart cries with you at this time, as any pet owner knows how hard it is at this time.  Please know I wrap you and your family in my heart, and am sending prayers and hugs over the miles!