Contributor

I had to put my precious Maltese to sleep--

I had to put my precious Maltese to sleep on Friday due to the fact that she had lung cancer. I am so brokenhearted. Her name was Meggie and she was 11 1/2. She was diagnosed 2 months ago and has done really well since then but a few days ago she began to cough a lot and then went down hill. I just could not allow her to suffer and have a hard time breathing although she was alert until the very end. It is so hard being shut up where I live and not be able to get out and about. The mornings are the worst when I wake up and realize she is not here. This is not the first dog I have lost and this website was such a blessing to me the last time. There is nothing quite like animal lovers! Please pray for me to get over this awful loss.  Thank you so much.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I had to put my precious Maltese to sleep--

@daisysmom09 i am so sorry! Meggie sounds like a terrific dog and she was lucky to have been your baby. Grief is real and, unfortunately, there isnt really anything anyone can say to make the pain go away. In time, you will be able to focus on the joy she brought you without being overwhelmed. Right now, just hang in there as best you can. i am sending warm thoughts to you.

Honored Contributor

@daisysmom09 -

I am so so sorry!

I know how incredibly sad you must be and yes how you miss her and waiting for her to be there when you look.

I said to my children yesterday,

We can still hug those we love in heaven!

No fear about this virus, just we can love them where they are. And I know for sure "All dogs do go to heaven." Why else would dog spelled backwards be...Heart

I hope you feel her sweet spirit loving you every day and still being by your side, though not in her physical form, in her beautiful spirit.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

I know this loss and understand your broken heart.  Please know that many are thinking of you during this time Heart

Honored Contributor

@daisysmom09 

I’m sorry for your sweet Meggie going to the rainbow bridge. 

Comforts hugs for you. 

Esteemed Contributor

@daisysmom09   I am so sorry for your loss.  This is the absolute worst part of sharing our lives with a pet.  You made the right decision, but I know that it doesn't make it easier to bear.  I will pray for strength for you in the days ahead. There couldn't be a worse time to lose a loved one, not that anytime is good.  I hope you can get out and about soon.  I hope that soon you can smile again while remembering your little precious one.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

God bless you. I am so very sorry for your loss.

We will pray.

Esteemed Contributor

@daisysmom09   My thoughts and prayers are with you during these trying times without your precious baby!

My older Jack Russell is 16 and I'm blessed with every day I have him. The two keep me busy so I understand how much you miss her. 

Super Contributor

Bless you!   I am sorry to hear about your sweet Meggie but always remember the good times you had,  you will see each other again.   Sending to you a hug and will pray for you.   Take care,  Tallgal

Respected Contributor

@daisysmom09 When tomorrow starts without me and you think we are far apart, just remember I am living there in your heart.   I am so sorry for your loss and will keep you in my prayers for comfort  and healing. Google the poem INTO THE LIGHT and read.