Honored Contributor

Re: I had to let my boy go and I’m crushed

You made the best decision with the information you had and the input from the Vet. 

Thankfully he had 5 good years with you. You don't know how his first two years were like. So I am sure he was one happy cat when you found him.

I am sure you would have liked more time but sadly it doesn't always work out. I am glad he didn't suffer long. And the life he had for the last 5 years was a good one.

Trusted Contributor

@Nugbucker

My heart breaks for you ~ we had a smilar situation in July.............still cry for him ~

You would not want him to suffer.......and now he is pain free and happy ~

I will pray for you and Zeus, sorry Friend, it is a horrible loss : (

Trusted Contributor

i am so sorry.  it hurts so much to lose a beloved pet.  someone once told me that the best place to bury a lost pet is deep in your heat.

Respected Contributor

I too am so so sorry for the loss of your Beloved Zeus.  As bad as you are hurting now, PLEASE know in your HEART that you did what was best for Zeus.  He will be forever with you in your Heart.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

@Nugbucker  I am so sorry. I know how badly this hurts.

Esteemed Contributor

I lost my 1st lhasa 10 yrs ago and I could barely function. My feeling is that we loved them so much and they loved us --- and we gave them a great life. We all live a certain amount of time and no one (person or animal) should live in pain. You did the right thing. Time is a great healer!!!!

Regular Contributor

You did the right thing out of love for him, don't feel bad for helping end his suffering.

Respected Contributor

Condolences on the lost of your family member.

It is not the quantity of life/love that matters most, it is the quality of those sharing moments that matter most.

It is because you LOVE you were able to let go. You DID what was best and loving for him. It is the most unselfish thing a pet owner can do.

Bless you and your family.

Respected Contributor

@Nugbucker  I am so very sorry for your loss.  I understand.  When I lost my Jake four years ago, I broke.  He was my "first born".  Crazy smart and so special.  Also a rescue.   Although I knew it was time, and the right thing to do, the pain was immense.  My depression lasted 18 months.  He was so worth it .  I still, and will always, miss him terribly.  

Let yourself grieve, hold on to the memories, but keep moving forward, one day at a time.  Know that you're not alone in what you are going through.  My thoughts are with you.

Valued Contributor

I am so sorry for you.  I really believe it is one of the most difficult decisions one has to make.  I put my Jake down 3 years ago and I still think about it and feel sad.  You did the right thing.

Terrywu