Regular Contributor

Re: I had to let my boy go and I’m crushed

Just lost. My beloved 13 year old Pug named Daisy.  She was a people person dog.  She had something wrong.  The vet thought it was cancer of the lymph glands.  She had a rattle in her throat.  I put her down here at home with the help of a woman vet.  I too very guilty for not spending more trying to find out exactly what it was.  My sympathies to you.

Trusted Contributor

So very sorry for your loss.

Valued Contributor

I am so sorry for you.  Losing our babies leaves a hole in our hearts and it takes time to heal.  Hugs to you.

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Frequent Contributor

This is my Zeus.  An older photo of him, but I like this one because this is the young, healthy guy I want to remember.  IMG_0749.JPG

Respected Contributor

@Nugbucker

Oh My! Thanks for posting th epicture. Zeus is a perfect name for him. He is such a handsome cat. I feel he is waiting for you at the rainbow bridge. I know my Bryne is there to look after him .  He is stunning. Take time to remember the good memories. A part of him lives on in your heart.

doxie

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just had a thought of Zeus- God of the refrigerator or Zeus- God of the stainless. He blends in with the refrigerator.

doxie

Honored Contributor

Zeus was one handsome cat!

Thanks for posting the picture. I can see why he was a diva - your diva.

Respected Contributor

I don't care if Zeus was a boy - he was absolutely lovely!

Denise
Super Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss.  Your Maine Coon boy was beautiful.  I had 2 Maine Coons (sisters) and one passed from sudden heart failure at age 4 in April.  It happened right in front of us and we still haven't completely recovered from the shock and suddeness.  They are perfect cats in spite of a tendency for heart issues.  Amazingly we now see behaviors that were unique to the one sister showing up in the remaining sister.  I choose to think it's our girl sending a message to us that she's still with us in spirit.

Hoping the wonderful memories of your Zeus brings a smile to your face amdist the tears.

Honored Contributor

@Nugbucker.  I'm so sorry.  I went through something very similar with my sweet boy (he's my avatar) this past summer.  Yes, you did the right thing.  Sometimes, the right thing is the hardest and it's devastating,but it does ease up over time.