Respected Contributor

Congratulations to you and Clementine.  I love that name.  I can just see her now.  Give her a big hug for me.

Respected Contributor

Congratulations on your new kitten.  I've been a cat Mom for many years and one of them was a calico.  I currently have a black tortie (Jasmine).  You might want to try cutting her nails now so she gets used to it.  Also, she might like a scratching post.  Enjoy!  

Honored Contributor

Re: I got my kitten

[ Edited ]

@Catty2 wrote:

Congratulations on your new kitten.  I've been a cat Mom for many years and one of them was a calico.  I currently have a black tortie (Jasmine).  You might want to try cutting her nails now so she gets used to it.  Also, she might like a scratching post.  Enjoy!  

Yes, definitely get her a scratching post or two if you haven't already.  This is Henry's favorite one.  It's sisal.

41zMRbYrJ8L.jpg

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@cookinfreak and @Meowingkitty congratulations to you both on your new little fur babies. I just love kittens. 

Honored Contributor

@cookinfreak, Welcome Clementine!

Honored Contributor
Respected Contributor

Congratulations on your new kitten, Clementine!

And I love the name you chose.

Hyacinth

Valued Contributor

@cookinfreak wrote:

Hi all. I got my calico kitty that I was thinking about!! Luckily, I had a few weeks to make up my mind. (I posted about losing my chihuahua mix in Sept). I knew I didn't want a dog right away, but I REALLY missed the company of a pet so decided to get the kitty. (I would post a pic, but I don't know how to do that). I got her the Fri before Halloween. She is just an itty bitty thing and she has taken over my house (and heart)  already.  Those little claws are really sharp. Sometimes all you can hear in my house is "Owie! Kitty No No! Stop! Ow!" etc etc

I named her Clementine

cookin

Congratulations on your new kitty.  Those words you are using are very familiar.  They are said in my house on a daily basis, no, stop, ow, etc.  My baby Chloe is about 15 weeks now, we rescued her when she was 7 weeks, and those claws are little razors along with the teeth.  She keeps us laughing though, into everything, like having a toddler.  My two older kitties are finally starting to accept her and all is good.

Respected Contributor

Congratulations on the new

family member ~ !

Regular Contributor

@cookinfreak,So happy to hear you have a new little love,enjoy every cute moment.I wish you a lifetime of happy.I will be getting a whole litter of foster babies next week,just in time for the holidays!Happy holiday to you  and Clementine.You have done a wonderful thing.Hugs,MaryAnne