Valued Contributor

Hi all. I got my calico kitty that I was thinking about!! Luckily, I had a few weeks to make up my mind. (I posted about losing my chihuahua mix in Sept). I knew I didn't want a dog right away, but I REALLY missed the company of a pet so decided to get the kitty. (I would post a pic, but I don't know how to do that). I got her the Fri before Halloween. She is just an itty bitty thing and she has taken over my house (and heart)  already.  Those little claws are really sharp. Sometimes all you can hear in my house is "Owie! Kitty No No! Stop! Ow!" etc etc

I named her Clementine

cookin

Trusted Contributor

Congratulations on your new addition.  As a cat mom, myself, I know how quickly kitties take over our homes and hearts.  Love the name of your Darling Clementine.

Honored Contributor

FCC41BEB-2EE2-422C-B91E-A0D793382DB2.jpeg52FA32CE-CD7C-48C6-9809-BA9C4095E537.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: I got my kitten

[ Edited ]

Clementine sounds adorable.  I love calicos.  There are many tutorials on the internet about how to trim a cat's nails.  You should look at them.  You may need someone to hold her while you trim them, but it's not that hard to do.  You will need some good trimmers designed for a cat.  If you keep them trimmed it won't hurt when her nails touch you.  I can always tell when it's time to trim Henry's!  I try to do them every four weeks, but I admit I do have to have a friend come over and help me.

I would love to see a picture if you can figure out how to post one.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Congratulations on your new kitty from another cat mom.

😻😻

Contributor

As a long time cat owner, you will love and quickly bond with your calico. They are very smart and are close to their owners.  I had a striped tabby that lived to be 21 years old and when she passed, it was like the loss of my child. But now I have a pointed tabby with baby blue eyes.  Looks like a striped Siamese.His name is Forrest, after Forrest Gump, run Forrest run.  Needless to say he is king of the house. A cat always wins your heart! 

Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations on your new baby.  I too have a new baby which I found in my backyard about 5 weeks ago. She is all black with gray undercoat and is the happiest kitty I have ever had. She is getting along well with my other cats. She is definitely the runt if the litter being only 2.2 pounds but she is absolutely adorable. She sleeps with me every night and loves to play. 

Esteemed Contributor

@cookinfreak, congratulations on your new addition.  I wish you many wonderful years together.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@cookinfreak wrote:

(I would post a pic, but I don't know how to do that).

How to add an image to a post using an image URL

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/So-we-ve-had-this-new-board-for-about-a-week-now/m-p/188...

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@cookinfreak, Congratulations on your new little fur-ball, Clementime. Great name and I'm sure she is your Darling.

Have fun getting to know one another.