Trusted Contributor

I finally made a decision. Thanks to all.

When I asked all your opinions on adopting another dog while my sick dog was still with me. I decided I will wait until my dog passes.  I read all your opinions and I took my decision with each person that gave me advice. Yes I want to adopt another dog so bad but I can not. After reading everybody’s outlook I agree with all of you. Yes I want that new little dog. I think it might be good for Lilly or would it stress her? I thought about a cat but no. I must put Lilly first not my emotions. I want to thank all of you who gave your opinion you helped me so much. I am grateful!

Trusted Contributor

Re: I finally made a decision. Thanks to all.

@Vickiv I think that's a good choice. My first pet was a cat and I don't think she would have liked me to bring another pet in.

I always have two pets at a time now. After she died I went to the pound and got two. I have to say it makes it a little easier when one passes. Nice not to come home to an empty house.

So now when one dies I wait a couple of months and bring in a new one. That way the established one doesn't get used to living alone for too long.

Honored Contributor

@Vickiv

I applaud your decision!Heart

Let Lilly live out the rest of her life in peace and quiet, being spoiled to death as the only pet in your home!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I am so glad you made this decision.  Lilly deserves all your attention at this stage of her life.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Vickiv  Please give your little one all your love and attention now but please put her down if she gets very sick.  I wish you the best.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I think you made a wise and loving decision by putting your sick dog's needs first.