Honored Contributor

Re: I Want to Lighten the Stains On My Dog's Chin Hair

@Spacrazy 

Thanks.  I've been wiping her chin but it was stained when I found her last Nov.  I have used baby wipes on her feet if they're dirty when she comes in from outside and then dry with a towel.  

You say you use soft makeup wipes on him but then say "please don't use people products on your baby".  So I'm a little confused.

I was hoping to get some home recipes, that were dog safe, for this problem.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 

That's unfortunate and unkind.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@rms1954 

That's unfortunate and unkind.

True.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@elated wrote:
This is a dog not a beauty contestant. Please find another activity to do. Sometimes, it makes me wonder about people's sanity!!

I dont know why this is such a crazy thought to some people. I cannot stand brown stains on light colored dogs mouths and around tear ducts  where gunk has not  been wiped away. It skeeves me out. 

Perhaps a vet, pet groomer or dog show handler knows a natural remedy. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]
Why didn't you just call your vet and ask?? When it comes to animals they can't speak for themselves and it is sad what motivates people. Being forthcoming, is not considered a virtue. Everyone was concerned about the dog not your sensitivities.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think anyone meant to hurt your feelings. The concern was for the dog; You're famous here for your cosmetic experimentation, which is fine for you.  However, nobody wanted to see your dog go through an extended series of trial and error beauty treatments.  Frankly, he doesn't care about his stained chin.

You asked and got honest answers and opinions.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Seriously @elated,  @monicakm is a kind, considerate poster. She is not being too sensative. I have edited out the restt of my post, why bother with negative...im gonna press on with some Monica love and get well soon wishes. Xo

Respected Contributor

I noticed a dog or two that had stains around the mouth area as they were being shown in the group competition at Westminster.  That means a judge selected them as the best dog of their breed, and the stains were not a factor.

Some dogs just stain more easily than others. My female Coton de Tulear had tear stains around her eyes, but the vet and the groomer said to start looking at other white dogs. Stains just show on lighter dogs.

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ 

I don't know why this is such a crazy thought to some people.

You and me both.  She doesn't have any around her eyes and it's not real bad under her chin yet.  There are a number of reasons for it to happen and certainly not uncommon.  I'm glad to know there are products that are made for it and even home remedies.  She's so quirky and fun.  We love her SO much! 

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ 

Aww, I'm about to cry.  What an honor to be thought of like this.  Thank you so very much!  

This is the only forum I'm on where there is such hateful and catty remarks/replies.  So many times I've decided to leave here because of it.  It's not the only makeup and skincare forum on the Internet that I belong to.  But I have so many people I'd miss.