Honored Contributor

I Want to Lighten the Stains On My Dog's Chin Hair

Frankie O is a Goldendoodle (with more Golden genes than Poodle).  She is English Cream.  Like many other dogs, she has dark stained hair on her chin.  Google said I could mix baking soda and water to form a paste, cover the hair, let it dry and rinse.  Has anyone done this?  Do you have another treatment?  We use a purple/blue whitening shampoo but it doesn't help this.

Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: I Want to Lighten the Stains On My Dog's Chin Hair

Omg, @monicakm .  Go watch QVC or something and leave the poor dog alone.  By the way, how's the knee?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@monicakm,

Just fyi-

Purple shampoo contains high levels of citric acid, an ingredient in lemon juice, which plays a role in lightening the hair. While citric acid is safe to consume for humans, high levels are not suitable for dogs as it can cause irritation, an upset stomach, and it can even be toxic"

and

Vets warn against using purple shampoo to whiten dogs' fur

Metro
https://metro.co.uk › Lifestyle

Feb 12, 2022  People have been using purple shampoo designed for humans on their pets. Here, a vet advises against the practice.

"

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]
This is a dog not a beauty contestant. Please find another activity to do. Sometimes, it makes me wonder about people's sanity!!
Honored Contributor

@monicakm      Shave Fido's chin....   di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Honestly, don't experiment on your dog.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

The knee is doing good thank you.

Valued Contributor

@monicakm We used a product to lighten the stains around our white dog's eyes. It is called Vetericyn. It works for bacteria and fungus. It does not burn and is safe to use. It kept out beautiful dog's eyes stain free. It may work for your dog's chin.

Honored Contributor

Wow, I didn't realize this forum had the same intense hateful vibe the Beauty forum sometimes has then someone there disagrees.  I disagree that lightening the chin area is harmful if done in a way that isn't harmful to my dog.  This is why I'm Googling it and asking here.  

The purple shampoo is FOR DOGS.  It's tear-free.  And how do you know it's a "high level"?  Again, she's not eating it.

I am not, I repeat, NOT feeding my dog purple shampoo for the love of Pete!!!  

I can't read the link because they want me to disable my ad blocker.

I wonder about people's sanity as well.  Or at least wonder about how they were raised.  I'm not doing anything wrong.  You guys might want to go find something else to do rather than pounce on someone because you disagree.  Don't have anything nice to say? just go on to the next topic.  

I'm not experimenting  Google it.  I'm not the only one looking for a solution.

Thanks for nothing!

Honored Contributor

Wow @gtx, thank you so much for your suggestion.  I appreciate it.