Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Re: I Think This Might Be True.

Love the name of the cat!!!!  

Esteemed Contributor

Well, there is a thing called upward mobility.

Our kitty Winston was found wandering the streets, captured, and brought to a shelter.  His name was “Winston,” and it was love at first sight for all.

So he’s now living the good life.  An only child, fussed over and catered to by two retired folks.  He has regular trips to a groomer.  He goes to a kitty hotel when we go away - yes, he has his own room.

He is also a bit spoiled, maybe somewhat like his namesake.

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Well, there is a thing called upward mobility.

Our kitty Winston was found wandering the streets, captured, and brought to a shelter.  His name was “Winston,” and it was love at first sight for all.

So he’s now living the good life.  An only child, fussed over and catered to by two retired folks.  He has regular trips to a groomer.  He goes to a kitty hotel when we go away - yes, he has his own room.

He is also a bit spoiled, maybe somewhat like his namesake.

We also had a cat named Winston. He was a big Maine Coon and every bit of a king and spoiled rotten. Unfortunately he is at the Rainbow Bridge with his brothers and sisters. I adopted him from a shelter and also fell in love with his name.

Esteemed Contributor

@Meowingkitty, Sorry you lost your beloved kitty.  Winston is also a Maine Coon, but a smaller guy.  Our previous Maine Coon, Lily, also crossed the Rainbow Bridge several years back.  Losing a beloved pet is traumatic, and I often think of those we have lost.

Frequent Contributor

I had a Maine Coon named Camden; he was a handsome kitty and quite regal looking. I name all my cats after towns in Maine.  I adopted another Maine Coon and named him Sidney, along with a short haired cat I named Hope.  There aren't many towns in Maine that are "girl" names.  Sidney sits in the bay window and when he sees me drive into the driveway, will hurry to the kitchen and greet me when I enter the house.  They are such comfort and loyal companions.  We all love our cats as all the postings indicate!!!