Honored Contributor

I agree with the advice from some of the other posters - confront the dog walker nicely and say, please do not allow the dogs to do their business on my lawn.  I appreciate that you clean up, but it still leaves damaging and ugly brown spots on my lawn!  Tell her that you spend a great deal of money and time to get your lawn to look beautiful and tell her that I am sure she would not be happy if the tables were turned!  Also, I would invest in some of those signs as others have said and post them on your lawn.  I don't like to confront people about things either but sometimes you just have to!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@CamilleP  Love that idea.  Then, if the HOA complains, the Owner has opportunity to raise her complaint and the HOA would Have to deal with the issue as it' would be "on their books".

Honored Contributor

You can buy eco-friendly dog and cat repellent to treat spots where they habitually go.  Years ago, I used a product from PetSmart when a feral cat was using my garden.  I also used it when a neighborhood dog found a favorite spot to go in my back yard (its lazy owner got up early and allowed the dog to run off-leash to sniff out its spots).  They say spraying with vinegar also works but I haven't tried that.

Honored Contributor

I put up a polite sign in my little front yard saying "Please be respectful" and show a dog "pooping" with the red circle and line over the picture.  Not sure it helps.  I also sprinkled some repellent on the lawn.  Why can dog owners stick to the area around their own lawns!!!!!!  I know, not possible when giving the dog his daily outings.  But still.....

Honored Contributor

@nana59   I would have no qualms asking the dog walker to please do not allow your dog to pee or poop in your yard. I see those signs up too in yards, not sure how good they ward off the dogs but it's worth a try.

I am as well a dog walker but I can guarantee you my dog does not pee on others' lawns. He certainly does not pee on garedens/flowers. We too have front & back yard FULL of plants & flowers, I don't allow that to happen here, he doesn't do it there.

I called out a guy once who allowed his dog to poop in my flowerbed out front. This guy while walking had no idea what his dog was doing as he the owner had his face in his phone.

AND he had a poop bag in his back pocket!!!!!!!!!!!  Yes, he bent down to collect it after I said something, he replied "he didn't see his dog do it". NO KIDDING!

Honored Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

My neighbor’s  dog had a habit of going in my yard by the back door. I bagged it and took it to her, told her he did it daily.

That afternoon she came to my door to apologize with a plate of brownies.

My husband wouldn’t eat them!

funny

good thing I just finished drinking my coffee 

Image result for spit take gif

Honored Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

My neighbor’s  dog had a habit of going in my yard by the back door. I bagged it and took it to her, told her he did it daily.

That afternoon she came to my door to apologize with a plate of brownies.

My husband wouldn’t eat them!

@1Snickers   Think I go along w/ your hubby....😜

Trusted Contributor

I have 3 big dogs, and i try to not let them walk or pee on other peoples yard. I walk them on the side of the street until i reach an area where they can pee. But sometimes they try to hit the house on the corners yard....i think that they are leaving their scent, and not really peeing a lot. I often see other people letting their dogs pee on yards, i think maybe a sign would maybe help, most people probably aren't thinking about the grass.

Honored Contributor

I walk my two dogs everyday... in my neighborhood.  I find plenty of places to have my dogs pee that are not on peoples lawns lining the sidewalk... there are areas between the yards NOT GRASS that they can pea on... fire hydrates...  electrical boxes with weeds around it ... etc. 

Sometimes though, a dog needs to pee and does not give you time to  stop them... and it might be on the edge of the lawn.   It happens occationally, but, not because  I do not care.

Respected Contributor

Thank you, Candys mine, I try to be helpful when I can.