Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Love This For Comfort After Loss

[ Edited ]

There was a nice poem a few months ago here.  I copied but can't find it. The pet was talking to the owner about hurting  and to please let go.

It was beautiful.  

It was in pet lovers.  If anyone remembers,, I would appreciate if you could let me know so I can copy again.

Its from a sick animal and the owner has trouble deciding to put to sleep, and the pet is asking to be let go to sleep.

Thank you.

I found the poem.  Sad but helpful.  M y dog is old, but healthy.  I just wanted the poem to help when the time comes.  Also to share with anyone that might be going through  the decision.

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition 

A Cats Last Will and Testament ....

I love this one so much because it offers hope for the future.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

I Google and found the poem called, THE LAST BATTLE.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@qvcaddition 

A Cats Last Will and Testament ....

I love this one so much because it offers hope for the future.  Heart

love it, Thank you

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition,

Is it this one?

The Last Battle

The Last Battle Printable Poem Pet Euthanasia Card Pet Loss image 1

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay 

Yes, thank you. I hope I don,t have to use it for awhile.  I  think it would help no matter how much we don,t want to let go for us, yet the pet is ready and tells us so.

Respected Contributor

Made me cry.

Regular Contributor

On the bay.  This was exactly us three weeks ago.  We took our Toby to the vet for yet another visit.  His eyes were almost closing and he looked so sad, we had never seen this before, he always pulled through.  Our vet examined him and said "you both have gone above and beyond for Toby" I sat on the floor with Toby looking down at me and he gave me the biggest kiss ever with his eyes almost closed.  

This was Toby's last battle, he was an amazing companion.  I know we did all we could and that it was his time, still the pain overwhelms at times. This poem made me cry but he gave us almost 16 years of unconditional love, fun, stubbornness and joy.  We were so lucky to have him in our lives but boy do I miss him.  Thank you so much for finding this.x

Super Contributor

All of this has me in tears.  I know that all of us here have special loves in our hearts that never go away.  

For those that have prepared their heart for eternity, there will be much joy.  For me, to be reunited with these sweet darlings makes me so happy to envision.  What a day that will be when my Jesus I will see.......

I wish the same for you also.  ❤️

Respected Contributor

That's beautiful.

What worries you masters you.