Esteemed Contributor

I have looked all over downstairs and called her.  The only person here today was my PT person this morning. Petunia takes off when someone comes in.  Usually under the couch or upstairs.  I called the woman eariler and asked if she saw a cat get out when she left or came in.  She said no. I can't imagine P following her, she's such a chicken.

I can't do stairs yet but it's only the loft area up there.  DD said she closed her bedroom door before she left and Petunia was here after that.

I know cats can hide pretty well. and ignore you, but I'm getting worried.  I have no idea where she could be. I have checked every nook and cranny I thought she might be.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Our last cat, Abbie, would do that. We'd search all over the house and then I'd say out loud "OK we aren't looking for Abbie any more."  I swear, 5 minutes later she'd walk out into the living room and look at us like "What?"!! She did this often.

Cats like a hidey hole where no one can find them.

Don't look for her or call her for awhile. They do love to hide! Let us know when she reappears  Cat LOL

Valued Contributor

Is there a closet open in your room or somewhere else in the house?  Mine like to go in the closets sometimes and other times, when we can't find Chloe, she is asleep on a chair under the table.  I am sure she is fine and will show up soon but I said a little prayer for you and for her to show her little face so you can relax.  I know how that panic feels.

Esteemed Contributor

We are manic about keeping closet doors and cabinet doors closed.  I have looked under and behind as much as I can.  If I didn't have 32 stupid staples in my knee it would be easier.

My son is stopping after work, he gets off before DD does. I will have him check upstairs. There is nothing in the loft except my Pilates machine and a clothes basket.

This morning she was hanging off the outside of the loft railing,  It's a good 12/14 ft. drop.  Luckily she got herself down.

That cat is going to be the death of me.

Esteemed Contributor

i've never owned a cat...but maybe she'll come out of hiding when she gets hungry!

Esteemed Contributor

I had a cat Winston who one time got shut in a dresser drawer. We called him, looked all over for him, scowered the neighborhood thinking he escaped. After a couple of hours we heard meowing. He crawled in an open drawer and went to sleep. I hope you find your baby soon. 

Honored Contributor

I always keep my closets closed, too, but I have found Henry in my closet a couple of times.  He sneaks in when I have the doors open.  I hope she reappears soon.  Hopefully she'll come out before your son comes over, but if not I'll bet he can find her.

If he can't find her, have him look for her outside.  If he or your daughter can't find her, putting her litter box right outside the door that your PT went out might attract her to it.  I've read to do that but not had any experience with it.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I had a cat Winston who one time got shut in a dresser drawer. We called him, looked all over for him, scowered the neighborhood thinking he escaped. After a couple of hours we heard meowing. He crawled in an open drawer and went to sleep. I hope you find your baby soon. 

This has happened to me too, more than once and more than one cat.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor
As long as you're sure she didn't sneak out, she'll come out from hiding when she feels like it.

Just go on about your business as usual, and she'll join you, soon. They always do!

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

I swear, my cat, Slick finds a new place to hide every day. I can call him till the cows come home and no response. My little guy who only weighs 8 pounds can actually open my hall closet that has sliding doors and go in for a nap. I also have a loft and he scares the heck out of me weaving in and out of the spindles. I hope your son is able to find her. I'm sure she's there somewhere making faces at you.