Respected Contributor

We often get dogs from Tx. and actually had some of the Korean dogs who were rescued. I live way up North 70 miles from Lake Superior and we have a very active snd invloved shelter. 

This girl is near Okla. border but from Texas.I wonder if a flood rescue? She is a Black Lab mix and very calm and sweet. My older Lab who is 11 could care less. She found a forever home with me and my boy so just had to share to news.

Thank you for reading my post.

Spoiler
Smiley Happy It just thundered and she was fine. Yay.
Esteemed Contributor

It sounds like you have a great new friend, she’s a lucky dog!  

Great that she’s not afraid of thunder, my older dog is now.He wasn’t when he was young but the thunder coat is really good.

Enjoy your new dog! 

Trusted Contributor

Congratulations and thank you for saving a life.  She sounds wonderful.  I had a black lab mix who was the best boy ever and lived until 16.  

What is her name?  

Super Contributor

Congratulations on your new fur baby! Smiley Happy  Would love to see her picture.

Super Contributor

Thank You for adopting a dog!   Blessings to you!  May you have many years of love, joy and happiness!   Animals are gifts to us.

Honored Contributor

@Gorgf 

Thank you for opening your heart to a homeless fur baby! Heart

They are the best, so full of love and so appreciative!

Many, many happy times are in store for you, you lucky lady!

I'm always moved by this perspective from a shelter/.pound pup;

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@Gorgf  Congratulations on your new family member and thank you for the rescue.  I wish you a lifetime of happiness together.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Re: I Adopted A Dog Today

[ Edited ]

@Gorgf 

Bless you and your new Girl Friend!  💙💚💛🧡❤️

Photo?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

My little lhasa apso (female) is almost 11 yrs old. People say to rescue a dog --- but they rescue us. I wouldn't have survived all the ****** I've been thru the last 11 yrs - if I didn't have my baby. They love us so much and you did a good deed.

Respected Contributor

Wonderful!! Enjoy your 'Furever' friend!