Honored Contributor

Re: How would you handle dog poo left all over the neighborhood?

I saw a picture where someone picked up the poop in a bag and left it on the perp's porch with a note saying they forgot to pick up their dog's poop.

Esteemed Contributor

Have an honest conversation with them, maybe it is them maybe not.  Be friendly and a good neighbor.  Passive agessive actions only escalate the situations.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21

You could try a multi-step information program.

First, print out or purchase a few posters, along the lines of the first one, post on a few telephone poles, then maybe later post more detailed, informative posters like the second:

Image result for dog poop notice

Image result for dog poop notice not biodegradable

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Well I left a little anonymous note next to the recent pile TODAY , and the pile and note were untouched. But I’m not sure they were out today. I removed the note tonight.

I’ll try some of these other suggestions. Stay tuned! 

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMomwrote:

@Skyegirl21

I wouldn't put a note in their mailbox, that's actually a federal offense that could have repercussions for you.

Maybe an 'anonymous' note on the door (when they aren't home).

@KingstonsMom.  I think it's cowardly to take the anonymous route.  I'd take the direct approach and suggest that perhaps the children aren't careful.  If she gets huffy, so be it.  If she's a reasonable person she'll take your advice in the spirit it as given.  Don't be nasty.

There are a lot of hills around the valley where Albuquerque is located.  Authorities remind people that poo washes into the Rio Grande River at the bottom and the source of some of Albuquerque's drinking water.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

When we were renting condo temporarily ,a man that had cats, would dump his loose 😝cat box contents down the trash chute that was for bagged trash only, and leave cat poo residue on the chute door, and floor in front of it. What an inconsiderate thing to do for all the folks in the building that followed the rules and neatly bagged their trash. Someone finally posted a sign and he quit doing it.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Skyegirl21wrote:

I have some nice neighbors that are definitely the culprits not picking up after their dog (it may be their kids who walk the dog)... Should I leave a friendly reminder note in their mailbox? I don’t know if the message will get to all the guilty parties... Or leave a note on one of the piles so they find it? Other suggestions? Thanks for your thoughts-

@Skyegirl21

Confront the perps, your neighbors,  and threaten to complain to the police, if they, or their kids, do not pick up their dog’s poop.

Or you can go to your local hardware store or nursery, and get some  powdered lions urine, and sprinkle it around your front lawn.  That will keep the dogs from pooping on your property.

You can set up an electrically charged fence or grid to keep,the dogs off your property.

Do all of the above.

They are all filthy, irresponsible, and inconsiderate dog owners. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Azcowgirlwrote:

When we were renting condo temporarily ,a man that had cats, would dump his loose 😝cat box contents down the trash shoot that was for bagged trash only, and leave cat poo residue on the shoot , shoot door, and floor in front of the shoot. What an inconsiderate thing to do for all the folks in the building that followed the rules and neatly bagged their trash. Someone finally posted a sign and he quit doing it.

@Azcowgirl

You shoot them?  

How many did you shoot?  

What did you shoot them with?

Respected Contributor

@EatWell

Shoot, I meant chute !  🤣

Valued Contributor

I have this all the time.  I pick up the poop, put in a bag.  I leave it on their front porch with a note, "have you lost something."  I sign it with my name.  Done.