Honored Contributor

Re: How to move on from loss of a pet? Crying constantly

My heart goes out to you. It's one of the reasons why I don't have pets any longer.  {{{Hugs}}}

Respected Contributor

I have no advice for you. I wish I did. We lost a pup in July and it's heartbreaking. Time is all that will help. Try to think of the great life you gave your kitty. I'm sorry for your loss and hope your grief eases soon. 

Respected Contributor

Re: How to move on from loss of a pet?

[ Edited ]

@darkhomespun   I know that the hurt is so deep right now, so it's perfectly OK to cry and miss our beloved pets.

Just remember your cat is running free and doing all that he wants to do now, without pain or any restrictions, and will be waiting for you and the rest of your furbabies in the future. 

Give your cats an extra hug and know that they will sense your grief and do their part to fill your heart up again.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

I am a total mess, lost my golden spirit, the 1st. of September, i am missing   him my whole heart ,and soul, nothing is worth anything any more,he was my baby.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

Do not put a timeline on your grief.  I lost my all time favorite kitty in 2012 and still cry from time to time when I think of him.  I lost another cat two years ago.  I held her until I gave the okay to the vet to put her down and then I held her longer while I tried to say good bye through my many tears.  I don't know why we always try to limit our emotion of sadness, but it's perfectly okay to shed tears when we lose our furkids.  If you need something else, there are pet bereavement groups.  Otherwise just give it time.  

Respected Contributor

So very sorry for the loss of your kitty. I've been thru this several times and it's never, ever easy. I will always remember them, love them and keep them in my heart forever. Be glad that he had a wonderful life with you and your other kitties.Mourn the way you need to mourn.

Respected Contributor

Tonight at 9:00 PM, all over the world, people who are missing their dear furry friends sit down to think about them, speak about them, pray, remember, laugh and cry. I think most people do it by themselves. Often part of the ritual is lighting a candle. But you can just sit wherever you are, close your eyes, and think of your dear one and know that others who are in the same kind of pain are doing the very same thing. Perhaps knowing that you're part of this big circle of love will be a comfort to you.

It's very early days. I hope you allow yourself to grieve as much as you need to, while also remembering the joy your cat gave you. Sending you comfort and peace, and kisses to your four other cats Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Having been through this three times, and dreading the fourth, I understand the grievous pain of losing your best friend. My 10+ year old beagle is so precious that the thought of her death can fill me with tears even though she's OK right now. 

i cannot tell you what the exact thing is to do is for everyone. For me, however, I had so much love for my beagles that I sought another to love. Each of my dogs had her own original personality and I never thought of one dog as a replacement for the pet that went before. Rather, each beagle was an individual whom I rescued and was given the gift to love.

Respected Contributor

@darkhomespun ,  just be patient with yourself.   Everyone takes as much time as needed.   Its very hard to deal with,  but we're human and each ones emotions are perfectly fine.    I promise you'll feel the loss easier to deal with in your time.  We always remember them, and miss them, but it becomes more bearable.   Very sorry for your loss.

Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry.  They give sooo much and ask so little in return.  

When I lost my little Princess, I didn't think I wanted another kitty for awhile.  Then, one day, my neighbor called and asked if i'd go to the pound with her - Her dog had broken loose and she wanted to see if anybody had turned him in.  Well, there in the office was a little white kitty named Rosebud - in a cage.  I couldn't leave her there - she must've been frightened,with all those poor dogs barking.  So, I adopted her on the spot.  Best decison I ever made.  She's like my shadow - Follows me everywhere!