Honored Contributor

Re: How to Adopt One of the 4,000 Beagles Rescued

[ Edited ]

@Malcontent wrote:

@feline groovy 

Uh Oh, what did I say wrong?

Nothing!  I gave you a heart for adopting one of these sweet babies.  

I highlighted the part where you said "we’re bringing one home".

Trusted Contributor

@feline groovy 

Oh lol and thank you for the heart. Actually, we’re bringing Lina home too. She’s an older cat that is used to dogs and the rescue ranch said we would be a good fit for her.

It’s soon to rain cats and dogs at our house. We already have a very bossy boy cat and a 220 lb. laid back boy doggo.

What’s the old adage? At our house fur isn’t just a fashion accessory, it’s a condiment too!

Respected Contributor

I had two Beagles in my life and they were wonderful, sweet, loving dogs.

Hopefully, they will all find great homes.

@Malcontent   Will your adopted Beagle be a puppy?

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Malcontent wrote:

@feline groovy 

Oh lol and thank you for the heart. Actually, we’re bringing Lina home too. She’s an older cat that is used to dogs and the rescue ranch said we would be a good fit for her.

It’s soon to rain cats and dogs at our house. We already have a very bossy boy cat and a 220 lb. laid back boy doggo.

What’s the old adage? At our house fur isn’t just a fashion accessory, it’s a condiment too!

Heart and LOL.

Bless the soon-to-be 2 cattos/2 doggos quartet and your BIG heart!  

Will the Beagle be a girl as well? 

That would make the furbaby male-female ratio 'even'  ;-)

Trusted Contributor

Was the company that breeds these beautiful dogs  for labs shut down? If not, why not!

Honored Contributor

I thought it meant they were on their way to laboratories-didn't realize they had been there all this time. How horrible. I heard they chose golden retrievers now because they are so docile and sweet. There is a place in hell escpecially for those who do this to animals when it's not necessary anymore.

Honored Contributor

My daughter picked up her beagle today.  Not one of those but from a shelter that is specifically for beagles.

IMG_8506.jpg

IMG_8507.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Skyegirl21 , I've had 3 beagles and they were just the best.   One lived to 9, passed away from a heart condition, one lived to 10, passed away from skin cancer and the last one lived to 16 - passed away from old age.

They are just so friendly and loving and of course, the obvious, so darn cute!!! They always want to be with you and just love you.  Very smart - mine were so easy to train.  Mine were all crate trained.  When we would be gone for the day, they would stay in their "little house".  Sometimes, during the day, even when they could go anywhere they wanted to in the house, they would go into the crate just to take a nap.

The only minus would be the "howling".  If you "let them get away with it" mine would howl when they would see people going by, the delivery men, etc.  However, I kept after them and told them "no" and would take them away from the window, and after some training when they heard me say "no" loud and clear they understood.

I love beagles 100%!!!