Trusted Contributor

Re: How to Adopt One of the 4,000 Beagles Rescued

@Kachina624 

Yes.

Trusted Contributor

@chlema 

We are working on all these babies and more getting rescued and shutting down ‘animal testing’ facilities and per Law made illegal.

Trusted Contributor

@Boomernichols 

Just to understand you correctly: he was a rescue from a testing facility?

Honored Contributor

@Malcontent  wrote:

@KingstonsMom 

We’re bringing one home from the Wyoming Kindness Ranch once they arrive and also, for those that can’t adopt, just giving $5 helps the rescue and relocation of these babies and buying each rescues merchandise helps also. I purchased some things and 100% goes to the Kindness Ranch rescue.

Heart

Trusted Contributor

@feline groovy 

Uh Oh, what did I say wrong?

Honored Contributor

My daughter adopted one and is picking it up Sunday.  I wonder if that is one of them.  I'll have to ask her.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624    Molly's vet called last week to tell us about these beagels. He's actively trying to find them good homes. 

We have a local beagle rescue and the vet said they are spayed/neutered, but some have never been out of their crates and would be a lot of work to socialized.

He's working with some with some of them on the weekends to help make them "people friendly" for adoption. 

The other "downer" is that no one actually knows what drugs were given to them and the effective it could have on them in later life.

I always thought when the last pack of beagles were released from labs, a law was passed to eliminate this cruelty. 

I understand that testing has to be done before humans receive some drugs, but beagles? My favorite breed since childhood? Makes me sick!

PS. BTW, thanks for thinking of Molly. She's now 9 and the vet said her temperment would be better with a  buddy about a year old or more...no puppy.

Since Sadie passed 3 yrs. ago, Molly has become Queen Bee and a puppy would upset the "aura" in the house for her. 

***Our vet also has dog psychology training.

Honored Contributor

@DSD2   They're actually not tortured except for being in their crates. They are well cared so the testing is acurate and not done on sickly dogs. That would skew any results.

Respected Contributor

@Malcontent YES, you understood correctly.

Respected Contributor

How sad, but a happy ending I hope!  
Tell me about beagles... the pluses and minuses ...

I had a poodle for 15 yrs, he was super smart and great with people, but not dog friendly at all, and had his own agenda... woke me up every day at 5 am,and I tried everything to stop it-

Now I have a chi-silky terrier rescue mix and she is super loving with us, but is so protective, she is unfriendly to Everyone and other dogs- But she lets me sleep, so extra points for that! 

I would like a dog that is friendly!  
Thanks!